(Part-Time Dock Worker) Hello everyone, new here and also first post. I recently got hired at ups (first day was Monday got there to realize they scheduled me by mistake and was actually closed) So, today makes my second night.
-I want to make a career out of this. I would like any advice to help me do better in my job. any hints ? things you wished you new at first? I'm new to the ups word or delivery world for that matter. Any and all help with be appreciated. anything helps.. thanks everyone!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
(Part-Time Dock Worker) Hello everyone, new here and also first post. I recently got hired at ups (first day was Monday got there to realize they scheduled me by mistake and was actually closed) So, today makes my second night.
-I want to make a career out of this. I would like any advice to help me do better in my job. any hints ? things you wished you new at first? I'm new to the ups word or delivery world for that matter. Any and all help with be appreciated. anything helps.. thanks everyone!

Just show up on time , work safely, and work as directed. If you want to make a career out of it sign up for any extra work. Doubles, air exception driving. And develop some thick skin. No matter what you do it will never be good enough and you will get zero recognition for it.....
Welcome to UPS

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
B5E1CB38-4F02-4E8B-AE98-BFD429FA200C.gif

Thanks! I'm a little nervous not because I think I will be bad, I'm a hard worker. but you guys are a little scary after reading these posts hahaha. and I have nothing better to do than make money so double shifts here I come.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
bring water it is :censored2:ing hot

was a joke. he said don't forget to brown nose(kiss ass) they call it brown nose cause by kissing ass, you get :censored2: on your nose (making it brown) Me saying "my nose is already brown as it will get" is me saying "I'm not going to kiss ass".. if the joke wasn't funny, fine; say that. -But you actually trying to start a race debate at all makes me question your IQ. you and the guy who accused me of "not knowing holidays" are some of the dull knives I'm starting to think...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
was a joke. he said don't forget to brown nose(kiss ass) they call it brown nose cause by kissing ass, you get :censored2: on your nose (making it brown) Me saying "my nose is already brown as it will get" is me saying "I'm not going to kiss ass".. if the joke wasn't funny, fine; say that. -But you actually trying to start a race debate at all makes me question your IQ. you and the guy who accused me of "not knowing holidays" are some of the dull knives I'm starting to think...
This is an example of being triggered.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
this is an example of saving face when you ask a question (how does this deal with race?) I answer, and you have no response now because you realize that I didn't actually make it about race. This is an example of being triggered: :censored2: you and your mother.
Sniffle, they are so cute when they still fail to understand they are being toyed with. Like little baby kittens.

Hint: the original comment wasn’t meant to be taken seriously, but I suppose you didn’t understand that, refer to the above for any other issues you may have.

Sniffle, they are so cute when they still fail to understand they are being toyed with. Like little baby kittens.
well I made this thread to get ADVICE to help me with a hopeful CAREER... if you came here to "toy around" at all, I rather you left my thread and toy with that little baby kitten that has you on your high horse. (see what I did there? I can toy around too) Now be blessed, I wish you the best with you life and career sir.