Withholdings on your paycheck

Justaloader

Begs the question - if you are hired in 2020, meaning they have no "previous" W4 info to go off of - how would you claim exemptions? Or, would you not be able to, meaning the government is forcing you to pay them? I need to read up on this......

At my day job, anytime we'd get a bonus check (usually once a year), everyone would go into the system and change the withholding 2 weeks before the bonuses were issued (as we are paid bi-weekly), so that they could get as much of their bonus into their pockets as possible. I'm guessing those days are gone....

Justaloader

And the funds from the lottery disproportionally goes to middle class schools. It's a pretty regressive tax, if you will. So poor people subsidize the families of the middle class.

Per George Carling (may he rest in peace) - The upper class has all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, and does all of the work. The lower class are there just to scare the :censored2: out of the middle class.....keep 'em going to those "jobs".

ManInBrown

Damn. You cant change it anymore. I tried to change mine from 2 to 0 so i get a nice return next year and it doesnt allow you to. How do you change it now? You have to mail a form in?

MaceFremonti

I changed mine to 9 for all that Xmas coin, was planning on changing it back to 5 today...looks like I need to do a worksheet now instead of simply changing it back to 5...

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Damn. You cant change it anymore. I tried to change mine from 2 to 0 so i get a nice return next year and it doesnt allow you to. How do you change it now? You have to mail a form in?
Click the update w4 button at the bottom and it will take you to the new form.

There's a section on there for you to choose how much extra you want to loan the government interest free.

MattM

Type in w4 on upsers. You can edit it all there still. But it's gotten tricky.

https://aboutblaw.com/NNf

Simply put, instead of 0 through 9 withholding allowances (and your 10 options), we have six sets of withholding figures.

You kind of have to cross reference the old method and the new method. If you wanted 9 allowances for one week, and you're at the $1900/WK threshold, to get close to that, you would need to change yourself from Single to married. If you're trying to only get $170 withheld, you can't just set it to 9. You have to change your status for that sheet. I don't see how this is helping anyone.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Dr Pepper is mine

Expensive sugary drinks with no alcohol..

Goto Wal-Mart for their house brand & try one out before you stock up

022b13c4-6e4d-4b54-8bae-c21044f59c59_1.987f1b28326d4196046a720562ccc1d6.jpeg

I get their mt dew
50be51db-36c8-48fe-a874-dddb2dc68c0c_1.d411cea48f4ca1e8e92b12831ead274a.jpeg

and sprite equivalent

89e38240-29fb-48a1-b70b-6c22575e716d_1.99aad8d8c59a5e50ffaf4f8e2d402e83.jpeg

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'm on a FXG budget... stretch those dollas

But then, I don't rely on living paycheck to paycheck either