Woke School District Cancels All Halloween Activities, Reason Given: "Diversity, Equity and Inclusion"???

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is all about the Muslim population in the district that do not celebrate Halloween. Cancel anything that doesn't cater to them.

Wally

Some background to this story. A teacher was accused recently of pulling that towel thing off a student's head. Since Muslims don't do Halloween, the school board is caving to the small minority to avoid heat.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I disagree with the decision however I do respect the right of the school board to make this decision.

From my reading of this it seems like the decision, even though I disagree, was thoughtfully made.

It seems to me that individuals who are seriously dissatisfied with these types of decisions might just find it hi time to run for their towns school board.

Let me know how you make out.

Wally

I disagree with the decision however I do respect the right of the school board to make this decision.

From my reading of this it seems like the decision, even though I disagree, was thoughtfully made.

It seems to me that individuals who are seriously dissatisfied with these types of decisions might just find it hi time to run for their towns school board.

Let me know how you make out.
Our culture celebrates Halloween. It's a day of fun for the children.

Want to move to America and not partake in some festivities? OK by us, but do not surprised if see things you may not like.

Folk that move here bend for us, not the other way around.

joan-holloway-smoking.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
Our culture celebrates Halloween. It's a day of fun for the children.

Want to move to America and not partake in some festivities? OK by us, but do not surprised if see things you may not like.

So you disagree with the self government exemplified in local school boards?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
No. I'm saying the board is a bunch of woke pusillanimous.
Governor Murphy criticized the move, although he is woke as the rest of the state dems. He is pandering to the voters because there is a possibility they may loose the democratic assembly.

Wally

Governor Murphy criticized the move, although he is woke as the rest of the state dems. He is pandering to the voters because there is a possibility they may loose the democratic assembly.
Not a chance. The vote by mail so far has Dems way outproducing the GOP. They also have one million registered voters.
Also the rebate checks just went out. Idiot voters think it's free money. Saw on FB, comment after comment, "thank you, I can now pay some bills". Maybe if your property taxes weren't so exorbitant, you could pay your bills when you need to? They take $9k and give back one and dopes think it's free...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Hmm. Not quite sure how I feel about this one. I was one of those children whose family didn’t celebrate Halloween, Christmas or Easter. We were always left out of festivities at school for those holidays. It was always me and any Jewish kid in class who got left out. All it did for me was make me want to do those things when I became an adult.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hmm. Not quite sure how I feel about this one. I was one of those children whose family didn’t celebrate Halloween, Christmas or Easter. We were always left out of festivities at school for those holidays. It was always me and any Jewish kid in class who got left out. All it did for me was make me want to do those things when I became an adult.
Jehovah’s Witness

Wally

So cancel everything for a super small minority? Jewish kids enjoy Halloween.

You didn't do birthdays either?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So cancel everything for a super small minority?

I worked with a guy in my center who was a Jehovah’s Witness, no birthdays, no Christmas, nothing. I delivered an area where he lived one Christmas, not bulb or wreath, on the house, nada.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So cancel everything for a super small minority? Jewish kids enjoy Halloween.

That’s why I said I’m not sure how I feel about this. I don’t agree with a small minority winning out over a majority, but I can see both sides as I lived the other side. Birthdays and Thanksgiving were the only thing for us.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I worked with a guy in my center who was a Jehovah’s Witness, no birthdays, no Christmas, nothing. I delivered an area where he lived one Christmas, not bulb or wreath, on the house, nada.
My former in-laws were and still are Jevovah’s Witnesses. My ex followed some beliefs but he had no problem going all-in for Christmas because they didn’t have it as kids either.