work shoes

Rantmuse

Cog for the man
Timberlands are a good alternative to Red Wings if you insist on hard leather work boots...you can get them on the cheap at a discount shoe retailer. I used to swear by Red Wings until they discontinued the line I'd been wearing for 8 years. My last pair gave me blisters for 7 miles and costed a bloody fortune . Go with the cheap but most importantly, go with the comfortable. HTH and good luck with the job.

R

Rukidding me

I love to see people complain about how much something costs, especially when the better the quality the better your feet will feel.. now send that next day to cali from ohio and pay me 87.00000 lololollolololololololololol

upsgrunt

Im not complaining about the cost. I know they are great product the issue is I cannot afford them.Feel free to send me the money and I will buy them. Because they are a great item. My paypal email is quote]

In another thread you are recommending a certain shoe and $20 gloves and now you are complaining about costs. Why don't you quit trying to be "Mr helpful", at least until you have put in a days work?

Last edited by a moderator:

probellringer

i go with the rockports---place here in queens ny had buy 1 get 2nd 1/2 price.....so they go for $89..2 pair(brown,black)he charged me 130...u gotta shop around and be comfy-you are out there all day,,,,enjoy

DS

Fenderbender
iggy, your little youtube video suggests that its better to post on a thread that already exists,yet you start a new one every time a new thought comes into your head.

Got a pair of used Leather steel toe Brahmas from my brother. Year and a half later they're comfortable and still have alot left in them. Saved my toes about twice now.

Iggyiam

i had gloves from old job and when i had the job i had money to buy it and when i started school job went away so did funding for expensive items

In another thread you are recommending a certain shoe and $20 gloves and now you are complaining about costs. Why don't you quit trying to be "Mr helpful", at least until you have put in a days work?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I just ordered these:

$70 free shipping from shoes.com with the UPS discount. they are actually a police/SWAT tactical shoe.
Magnum Mens Elite Spider 3.0 Tactical Running Shoes # 5514

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
any suggestions? i was thinking about redwings but they are too $$$ for me:knockedout:
Iggy I found Merrills are great, arch support excelent, durability excellent. Not cheap but maybe cheaper than Redwings. I agree with Upstate, your feet will be much happier if you get good shoes. They don't fall into the guidelines of proper footwear, though. I didn't have any trouble and I wore mine all the time. I'm wondering if the guidelines you posted in the other thread are not directed more towards drivers. The company is very strict in that area.

hubsnake6

I highly recommend composite toe shoes if you work in the building. They are lighter than steel toes for the same protection, and if your building has a metal detector checkpoint they will not set it off every time you walk through. Walmart sells them (mine are made by Brahma) for about $30. I have heard Sears sells them as well. Not only will they help protect your toes, they will also help wrestle around irregs since you can rest a corner on your shoe without smashing your toes.