workcomp injury turning into 22.3 job?

browndriverguy2015

Ok guys, I have a question:

I was hurt in the job a few months ago. I had surgery, but I do not think that it worked and the workcomp doc can't tell his ass from his face.

If me knee stays like this then I'm pretty sure I will be unable to return to a driver position and will have a legitimate ADA dissability. I looked over our current union book and in artical 14 it tells me ups can offer a part time job, but in section 3.1 of artical 14 it says that I can receive a 22.3 job.

What do I do if I cannot return to driving and how can I guarantee a 22 job?

T

Turdferguson

From what I read it said they can give you a part time job and that you would be able to bid on a full time inside one if one became available.

browndriverguy2015

I know there are some positions that just back up trailers then either sort smalls or run air for 2 hours. I'm pretty sure I can do that.

Is a reasonable request for ADA to walk at a slower pace than a "brisk walk"

PT Car Washer

I know there are some positions that just back up trailers then either sort smalls or run air for 2 hours. I'm pretty sure I can do that.

Is a reasonable request for ADA to walk at a slower pace than a "brisk walk"
I don't think UPS would want to open that can of worms. In my building there has been a few beat up drivers that managed to land a car wash or porter or easy 22.3 job, but only because of seniority. Then they never leave. Average age is 60+ and 40 years seniority and still counting.

T

Turdferguson

Depends on how the relationship is between your local and UPS management. The work is there if they want to create it, but nothing specifies they have to create the job for you. But you can bid on it

browndriverguy2015

With the union it is very good.

With my direct driver sup it's the same

With the center manger it was great until I broke my knee on a step that came out from under me. Now I kinda get the cold shoulder.

clean hairy

Some Hubs have several Handicap parking spots, and make accommodations for new hires with physical limitations.
Why can they not do the same for existing employees who develop a physical limitation?