Already injured two weeks in, what do I do?

watdaflock?

Sounds like literally the least physical job in the entire place. And where I come from, those aren't injuries, those are regular aches and pains. Just like my Drill Sergeant told me, pain is weakness leaving the body. Blister juice is also weakness leaving the body.
Your drill sergeant was an idiot.

Hope this helps.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Hope this helps.

Quite frankly this may be the dumbest post that I think I've ever seen on this site. And I have dealt with some of the lowest of the dregs of trolldom here. I have no idea what compelled you to write such an idiotic post, but whatever you lack in your life that made you think that could even be worth writing, I hope you find it and can become a complete human being some day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Quite frankly this may be the dumbest post that I think I've ever seen on this site. And I have dealt with some of the lowest of the dregs of trolldom here. I have no idea what compelled you to write such an idiotic post, but whatever you lack in your life that made you think that could even be worth writing, I hope you find it and can become a complete human being some day.

he washed out 2nd day crying for mama

Whereistheunion

Hello, I am a new employee and I am not sure what to do about this situation. They have me doing recycling which involves walking a cart full of boxes back and fourth for four hours straight. The first day they put me to work I started getting pain at the base of my big toe. I believe it is called sesamoiditis and it takes six weeks to heal IF you let your foot rest which is not an option for me. I also must have hurt my thumb yesterday because I have all the symptoms of arthritis. The back of my knee is killing me too. I really need this job to pay for college but I am afraid my body won't even work by the end of the year. If I ask them to put me in a different department, such as small sort, will they let me? If I pretend that I just got the injury today what will they do? Because I dont want them saying that I did not get injured there when it is so obvious. My body has never had this many injuries at once. Also can anyone provide tips for keeping myself safe? Thank you.
Running recycles is 1 of the easiest jobs at UPS, we have a 69yr old 22.3 whom been doing this for 20 plus yrs with no injuries. He is very very 🐌, I don't think UPS is for you; Just my humble opinion. Any other position you take will be exponentially worse then this.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
That’s what people do if they don’t get the answers or sympathy they’re looking for.
giphy.gif

watdaflock?

Does this mean you really are an idiot, and believed Sgt. Hulka when he said "pain is weakness leaving the body"?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I had college paid for because of athletic ability. I wasn't a brainless grunt who is considered expendable.

Thank you for revealing your hatred for the people who serve their country. If I have to explain that the saying about pain is a motivating figure of speech, then thank you for revealing that your college was a complete waste.

The Drill Sgt in question was probably 160 lbs soaking wet. He showed us pictures he took of the aftermath of the nerve agent Saddam used on the Khurds when he was deployed during the first war in Iraq. It wasn't pretty. Good thing we have a bunch of dumb grunts willing to risk their lives to put a stop to such monstrosities.

Tell me, is there anything else you clearly know nothing about that you'd like to weigh in on as though you were an expert? I just can't wait for more nuggets of inanity from you.

El Correcto

god is dead

Hope this helps.
Drill sergeant is training men to get shot at and keep fighting as people you know are dropping and dying around you. This is a reasonable attitude to have about blisters or long term pain like arthritis to focus on the short term problem of being shot at.
Working part time at ups just isn’t an appropriate place for this attitude, no need to overlook you painful chronic conditions like arthritis or whatever other crybaby bull:censored2: is going on. Just go get it handled, there will still be boxes when you get back.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Drill sergeant is training men to get shot at and keep fighting as people you know are dropping and dying around you. This is a reasonable attitude to have about blisters or long term pain like arthritis to focus on the short term problem of being shot at.
Working part time at ups just isn’t an appropriate place for this attitude, no need to overlook you painful chronic conditions like arthritis or whatever other crybaby bull* is going on. Just go get it handled, there will still be boxes when you get back.

No, it's about taking soft, doughy maggots and turning them into fighting machines. It applies to physical fitness on or off the battle field, and has more to do with mental fortitude than physical.

Some people have never done real work in their life, so when they start a job that requires even the slightest amount of physical exertion, they don't realize the resulting pain is absolutely normal. They think they are dying and get on WebMD and self diagnose with all sorts of ridiculous ailments. Then they seek validation of their hypochondria on the internet from strangers who have been doing the work and feeling the pain for years, and don't understand why they get laughed at.