worked 34 days, when do i get benefits?

flyboy

i call the stupid automated number, and of course you can't talk to a real person, it just says i don't have a seniority date yet, but i have worked 34 days and have been a member of the union since day 1.

are we not elidgable for beneifts after 30 working days like i thought?

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
i call the stupid automated number, and of course you can't talk to a real person, it just says i don't have a seniority date yet, but i have worked 34 days and have been a member of the union since day 1.

Depends on your region. Here we have to have 200 hours in before we get benefits. It's in your contract if you're union and if you aren't, you can still ask the steward. He should know.

flyboy

Depends on your region. Here we have to have 200 hours in before we get benefits. It's in your contract if you're union and if you aren't, you can still ask the steward. He should know.

i have for sure worked 200 hours, but i am almost positive it is 30 worked days, i lost my stupid sheet that listed all the benefits. :mellow:

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Are you full-time? I've already got my 90 [calendar] day raise at my new center and still have yet to hit the 200 hour mark. We only work 3.5 hours everyday.

flyboy

part time, but i am working about 23 hours/week, so i guess not quite 200 hours yet, but i am close.

i did get hold of a rep and she said it is just 30 working days, and they are waiting for my local HR person to send in my info, so hopefully i will find out something in the next few weeks. the cost of my wife's benefits are killing us at 430/month

rngri4

part time, but i am working about 23 hours/week, so i guess not quite 200 hours yet, but i am close.

i did get hold of a rep and she said it is just 30 working days, and they are waiting for my local HR person to send in my info, so hopefully i will find out something in the next few weeks. the cost of my wife's benefits are killing us at 430/month

In most cases it is six months after your hire date, not your seniority date. Thats how it is in our area at least, may be different in your area.

rngri4

in my area, it is that way for Vision/Dental but not for Medical

For some reason in our area, they changed it last year, and it may be that way now even here for hourlies, you get medical first, and then Vision/Dental..however when it comes to insurance, AFLAC was the best choice I ever made....my wife had surgery earlier this year, and missed work for a day, AFLAC immediately cut us a $500 check, for a lost day of work, pretty nice, since she makes nowhere near that for a day of work...I wish she did though!

blue efficacy

I am in the Minnesota district, and ND is covered by the same supplement. 30 working days and typically four classroom days, mean you have seniority. You get medical upon seniority. Dental is six months..

LKLND3380

You have been employed for 30 days as in a one month OR 30 WORK DAYS as in six weeks?

I had to wait 90 work days (4 1/2 months) for my benefits. Medical first then vision kicks in and after a year dental kicks in...