"Working as Directed"

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
They're the DIAD people and they give people new eyebrows
My eyebrows have been in a permanent "WTF" look ever since we were given the Diad 6.
The eyebrows:
64FEC6FC-3120-41B5-A9CE-4514D7E59AF4.jpeg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Hello Upsers,

So I just need to get everyone thoughts about UPS and the direction the company is going. I have worked at UPS for 6.5 years (1 year as an contingent) and for the most part is been a pleasent experience at least for the first 5.5 years. However this last year has been hell. There were things about this company I didn't know and had I known I probably wouldn't have taken the job. I'm a TSG Technician. It's not a bad gig, pays the bills as most gainfully employment jobs do. However with the recent changes at corporate (this tranformation/optimization initative) has produced a very narcisitic mentality when it comes to middle to lower management inluding supervisors.
So let's get into it. Recently we have several changes in my dept that have affected pay and morale. I've been told several times by my manager, supervisor as well as HR that we "work as directed" a term I've never heard of in my 35+ years working as and adult. To be specific executive managment suspended Overtime Pay in the middle of Peak, then made us work against are will on days that we normally have off and in some cases on days that are considered religious observance days (like a Sunday) which the last time a checked is a violation of your civil rights. I was specifically told by HR, if management tells you to do something as long as they don't think it's an intergrity, ethical or policy violaton I must comply and if I don't I'm considered being insubordinate and subject to termination. My boss is forcing me to work this coming Sunday and litterally changed my schdule then told me if I don't show for work it would be considered a No Call, No show which is could result in immediate dismissal from the company.
So my question is this the way it's always been at UPS? Is working as directed just the corporate culture? So management and the excutive leadership (which are not being leaders) have carte blanche and just do whatever the hell they want?

Any thoughts???
you arent Union,so suck it up and tell them 'Thank you sir,may I have another one!"

Nah
Smalls can actually be pretty physically taxing depending on the area. Bag line or debag in a high volume small sort isn't a joke.
Small sort is where they keep all the old women who do nothing but gossip and bite each other's heads off all day. Better to be in trailer.

upser2020

Maybe some hubs that don't have a ton of smalls but not true where I'm at. I'm actually not even in smalls anymore I'm a belt tender on a primary :)

dyb8bcz

Should the Moto be work how you want to?

This has to be a joke. You are in a thread that is full of union members. What can they do for you? What advice can they provide a technician who is non-union. You can’t file a grievance. you don’t have a shop steward.

Handled your problems like normal UPS employees do. Take it down the street.
It's not a joke genius. I totally understand I'm in a forum full of union members. Doesn't mean uniom members can't give advice. Do yourself a favor and grow up.

RUDoneYet

@dyb8bcz If you're serious about Sundays interrupting your planned day of worship, go through UPSers.com and submit a Religious Accommodation request. However, I would double check what your original job title included, as if it specifically mentioned being able to work non standard days and hours, you may not be able to utilize this resource. Your management team should be fully aware of what this entails as there was mandatory training regarding religious accommodation requests, alternate work due to pregnancy, and lactation requirements. No, I'm not making up any of those, they were lumped together in the required training. I think religious head coverings were included as well, since some manager, somewhere in UPS, had told an employee that in order to wear religious head ware at work, it had to have a UPS log on it. You really can't make this stuff up.

Nah
@dyb8bcz If you're serious about Sundays interrupting your planned day of worship, go through UPSers.com and submit a Religious Accommodation request. However, I would double check what your original job title included, as if it specifically mentioned being able to work non standard days and hours, you may not be able to utilize this resource. Your management team should be fully aware of what this entails as there was mandatory training regarding religious accommodation requests, alternate work due to pregnancy, and lactation requirements. No, I'm not making up any of those, they were lumped together in the required training. I think religious head coverings were included as well, since some manager, somewhere in UPS, had told an employee that in order to wear religious head ware at work, it had to have a UPS log on it. You really can't make this stuff up.
Also, going to worship services doesn't have to mean having the day off. Could just come to a compromise that you'll be in after it's finished. Or before if it's an evening thing.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m not coming in today, I’m lactating. 🤣🤣