Working Over 60hrs

Blazian81

Do anyone know as a package car driver in local 71 is it double OT if you working over 60 hrs, they have me coming in on Saturday as a helper cause I don't have any hrs left to drive

542thruNthru

Do anyone know as a package car driver in local 71 is it double OT if you working over 60 hrs, they have me coming in on Saturday as a helper cause I don't have any hrs left to drive
It's only double if your building implements the 70-hour rule. Meaning you can drive up to 70 dot hours in 8 days. If you're just being utilize as a helper or anything not having to do with driving than no it's just regular OT.

542thruNthru

I thought they couldn't force you to work over 60 unless the 70-hour rule was in
No, the article is just about when the company can change to a 70/8 DOT hours and what they have to do when they change it.

Personally I think they shouldn't be allowed to force someone in to be a helper. It's not my job and I won't do it. If you force me in than I'm driving and you're paying me double time.

No, the article is just about when the company can change to a 70/8 DOT hours and what they have to do when they change it.

Personally I think they shouldn't be allowed to force someone in to be a helper. It's not my job and I won't do it. If you force me in than I'm driving and you're paying me double time.
That's total BS. Those guys should call up the DOT. And tell them my company's making me work too many hours and I don't know if I'll be safe to be driving on the road

Tanktoptony

Pulling that crap here on west coast as well, trying to make it sound like working a sixth punch is required but we have language that protects a consecutive 5 day work week with two days off. Might be different in your area but drivers in the know are aware the company enforce discipline as it pertains to forcing a driver to work on their scheduled day off even during peak

Tanktoptony

Pulling that crap here on west coast as well, trying to make it sound like working a sixth punch is required but we have language that protects a consecutive 5 day work week with two days off. Might be different in your area but drivers in the know are aware the company enforce discipline as it pertains to forcing a driver to work on their scheduled day off even during peak
The company cannot discipline*

SaladTosser

Kill me now
The company cannot discipline*
From what I’m seeing they know the rule and will still try to punish you for not coming in Saturday. So you’ll have to fight whatever write up they give you. They’re even threatening to fire guys who don’t show up.

Lol fire them and then you’ll have no staff anyway.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

Yeah those jump seats suck

Tanktoptony

They aren’t worth the paper they are printed on there are so many grievances regarding this issue the BA was getting like 1000 a week it’s such a joke guys just tear them up

bumped

I would be so, so, so safe as a helper that I'm never asked to do it again.

edit... it should say forced

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Everyone go get tested for corona Sunday ,
We have 4 drivers out with the Super Megatron variant. Management is in a panic and threatening to write-up maskless drivers. I texted one of the sick drivers to see how he was.

He said he had the sniffles but otherwise was fine. He was enjoying getting paid to miss peak, playing Genshin Impact while drinking hot chocolate.

I asked him to sneeze on me when he gets back next week to see if I can get reinfected.

We have 4 drivers out with the Super Megatron variant. Management is in a panic and threatening to write-up maskless drivers. I texted one of the sick drivers to see how he was.

He said he had the sniffles but otherwise was fine. He was enjoying getting paid to miss peak, playing Genshin Impact while drinking hot chocolate.

I asked him to sneeze on me when he gets back next week to see if I can get reinfected.
Keep loading Bitch

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
In my area they love to threaten but like I tell anybody that asks me pick up the phone and call off. They’re not going to fire you. They’ve got no one to replace you with. Let them posture all they want.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Late to the party here but the 70 hour rule has been in effect for years here. If you get double time after 60, please let me know because I’ve been picking up a 6th day since Thanksgiving getting as close to 70 as I can and I can assure you it isn’t DT after 60.