Working Over 60hrs

542thruNthru

Late to the party here but the 70 hour rule has been in effect for years here. If you get double time after 60, please let me know because I’ve been picking up a 6th day since Thanksgiving getting as close to 70 as I can and I can assure you it isn’t DT after 60.
Since you're only working with that Florida education I'll explain it for you.

That's because you're in feeder Einstein! It's for package care driver's only. :)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Late to the party here but the 70 hour rule has been in effect for years here. If you get double time after 60, please let me know because I’ve been picking up a 6th day since Thanksgiving getting as close to 70 as I can and I can assure you it isn’t DT after 60.

Since you're only working with that Florida education I'll explain it for you.

That's because you're in feeder Einstein! It's for package care driver's only. :)

From article 26 NMA

Article 26
drivers in the center. If sufficient volunteers cannot be obtained to cover the over sixty (60) work hours, the Company will first force seasonal package car drivers, non-seniority package car drivers, part-time cover driver classifications and, then Article 22.4(b) drivers. Seniority package car drivers will only be forced after exhausting the seasonal, non-probationary drivers force process, part-time cover driver classifications and Article 22.4(b) drivers. No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available. Any regular or Article 22.4 package car driver who volunteers or is forced to work over sixty (60) hours in a week pursuant to this paragraph will be compensated at double-time for those hours. This para- graph supersedes any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Ad- dendum which addresses this subject. This Section is not intended to give the Company the right to force seniority package car driv- ers to work on a weekend unless permitted by the applicable Sup- plement, Rider or Addendum.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Why’s everyone talking about working overtime? On another thread everyone is talking about how easy this season has been and they are all getting off by 5pm.