Working overtime

BEE51

For every UPS driver that has been working overtime for the past 20 to 40 years and have had it instantly taken away from you, needs to start being very vocal to the company and the union about it! Yea, I know some of my fellow posters talk about living beyond your means but the fact is that there are many of us fellow drivers that want to or need to work as much as we can possibly can. We have been given overtime for as long as I have been employed here and to take it away instantly is not fair! Management when they did away with the pensions for all management employees at least gave them a five year window so they could plan for their future, the same window should be given to us as well! We need to make an issue of this now and file as many grievances as you can to make light of the situation! Some of you I know have know choice but to work as much you can, stick up for your selfs!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
For every UPS driver that has been working overtime for the past 20 to 40 years and have had it instantly taken away from you, needs to start being very vocal to the company and the union about it! Yea, I know some of my fellow posters talk about living beyond your means but the fact is that there are many of us fellow drivers that want to or need to work as much as we can possibly can. We have been given overtime for as long as I have been employed here and to take it away instantly is not fair! Management when they did away with the pensions for all management employees at least gave them a five year window so they could plan for their future, the same window should be given to us as well! We need to make an issue of this now and file as many grievances as you can to make light of the situation! Some of you I know have know choice but to work as much you can, stick up for your selfs!

How come you “need to work as much as we can possibly can”

Slow down smell the roses a bit

DOK

Yeah it should be given to those who want it and not given to those who don’t want it, what’s so hard about that. This company makes so many things harder than they need to be.
On that note you’ll get all the OT you want the next 6-8 weeks or so lol.

542thruNthru

Nope I'm good. The people that want 12 hours a day are a small percentage. If you want more money do what PT employees do and get a second job.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
You are guaranteed an 8hr day if you are scheduled for that day. That's the only guarantee you have. Fighting for overtime, sticking up for yourself, all that talk is useless. If the company chooses to hire enough people to get the work covered with every single employee working 8 hours, that's their right. The fact that they haven't done it that way all along is irrelevant. Overtime has never been, nor ever will be, guaranteed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
For every UPS driver that has been working overtime for the past 20 to 40 years and have had it instantly taken away from you, needs to start being very vocal to the company and the union about it!
Uh, no, you need to keep your mouth shut and work slower. The productivity numbers are going to plummet and this 8 hour crap will be short lived.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Should have figured you were a slug.
Mkay.

For years the company loaded people up with work, because they knew they would bust ass to get home to their families....

There's a time-psychology behind work load, employee performance and productivity. These games the company is playing only work when employees are in the dark, day to day, slugging it out like lemmings.

The short days won't last.

SameRightsForAll

Did you vote Yes on the Master?

542thruNthru

I had 1hr of OT last week and it was amazing!!! Wish it continues hell I wish it was 40hrs period. I got a family they can keep their ot.

giphy-14.gif

Foamer Pyle

I am all for overtime reduction. I looked at overtime as extra money, not my regular income. I am still getting 5 hours a week overtime, which is plenty. I can finally eat dinner with my wife. Just remember, you can’t buy back time.