Working With Family

BigBrownboxx

I have worked at ups for going on 2 years now at night on the reload. My brother was recently hired to help us as seasonal but was told he could not be a permanent hire unless one of us went to the preload? Is this true? i have heard of family working in the bigger centers but mine is small so i have no idea. Thanks

542thruNthru

Is one a Supervisor? We have plenty of brothers and father/son working together.

But I don't know if the Union can help with this though it doesn't hurt to ask your BA.

OrionIsDaddy

It's pretty much up to your local HR and sort manager to decide. Buried deep it says technically you are not supposed to work in same building as family.

We have brothers on preload together here and even a part time sup who supervises her mom's belt during their shift. Again, all up to your building management.

CentralSup

At my building, as long as one family member isn't in management supervising the other family member, it is fair. We have several brothers that are working same shifts on preload and local sort. Even have a PT sup on the local whose two brothers work preload.

Elmo.goes.to.prom

At my building, as long as one family member isn't in management supervising the other family member, it is fair. We have several brothers that are working same shifts on preload and local sort. Even have a PT sup on the local whose two brothers work preload.

Same here where we are. No management. Only hourlies.
We have multiple brothers who are drivers.

DOK

We have a supervisor directly managing 2 family members, I guess it’s different everywhere.
And yes the family members do seem to get away with more or their mistakes are looked the other way. Yes, I am writing down each occurrence in my little book to bring out one day if needed.

rod

Retired 22 years
As with everything else at UPS---each center makes up their own rules depending on what they feel is best for them. At my old center right now (and its a small one) there is a father, his son and 2 cousins all driving.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Let’s see
I’ve had 3 of my sons
My wife
Daughter in law
Son in law
All work in the same building
Times are changing
UPS is finding help wherever they can get it these days

rod

Retired 22 years
Let’s see
I’ve had 3 of my sons
My wife
Daughter in law
Son in law
All work in the same building
Times are changing
UPS is finding help wherever they can get it these days

Gee I remember when UPS was a great company and you didn't have to worry about your sleeze bag relatives working along side you. :rolleyes: