Workplace Harassment

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I feel harrassed by my supervisors, especially one in particular. I'm constantly being asked to do other drivers pickups if I get done early enough, and I noticed that certain baseline routes that I do get a lot less stops if there are other drivers on them and they end up throwing the bulk of it back on me. Why does it seem like I'm getting :censored2:ed over when I've been doing nothing but my job. It's as if they are trying to push me into failure or quitting, as if their goal is my eventual termination. Why can't I just come into work, do the job and go home without being :censored2: on? Being greenlighted everyday, sent out with 200 stops everyday, talked down to everyday for anything I do. I'm a :censored2:in human being I don't deserve to be a target and discriminated against for whatever hate people have.

Is there anything I can do to change this? Grievance? I'm not leaving this job no matter how miserable I become at it and I have my reasons for that. Should I be getting greenlighted everyday or sent pickups from another route? Should I be expecting everyday to do 200 stops, just to go help someone with 20, or cover some other drivers heaviest pickups when I'm done?
Take your lunch, work at steady pace and your problems will be solved. Otherwise continue to be a hero and their be ach

MrBates

Should I be getting greenlighted everyday or sent pickups from another route? Should I be expecting everyday to do 200 stops, just to go help someone with 20, or cover some other drivers heaviest pickups when I'm done?

Yes you should expect that every time you get done early. Do you sort during lunch? If you do, stop that behavior immediately and find a nice all you can eat buffet on your route. Take your full hour there. Sorting off the clock will easily get you 20-30 minutes of more work.

Are you cutting thru peoples lawns to deliver every single package? Don't do that. Some homeowners don't like people cutting across their manicured lawns....and why would you risk twisting your ankle on a tree root or some other object that could be protruding from the grass? On average this will cut 10 seconds off each stop, which is great if your trying to qualify, but multiply that by 200 stops and you have given UPS permission to give you 33 minutes more work.

"Runner gunner" syndrome is prevalant in most drivers that have recently qualified or have fallen victim to brainwashing by UPS. Don't worry, we have seasoned Teamsters standing by to help you over come this, but you have to take the first step. Start by working "saaaaaaaafer".

Neutral

I feel harrassed by my supervisors, especially one in particular. I'm constantly being asked to do other drivers pickups if I get done early enough, and I noticed that certain baseline routes that I do get a lot less stops if there are other drivers on them and they end up throwing the bulk of it back on me. Why does it seem like I'm getting :censored2:ed over when I've been doing nothing but my job. It's as if they are trying to push me into failure or quitting, as if their goal is my eventual termination. Why can't I just come into work, do the job and go home without being :censored2: on? Being greenlighted everyday, sent out with 200 stops everyday, talked down to everyday for anything I do. I'm a :censored2:in human being I don't deserve to be a target and discriminated against for whatever hate people have.

Is there anything I can do to change this? Grievance? I'm not leaving this job no matter how miserable I become at it and I have my reasons for that. Should I be getting greenlighted everyday or sent pickups from another route? Should I be expecting everyday to do 200 stops, just to go help someone with 20, or cover some other drivers heaviest pickups when I'm done?

Neutral

Harassment is typical at UPS. Some people learn to play the game. Others suffer because they try to make sense of it. UPS management doesn't think well of drivers and think they can crap all over them because they pay them well. Unfortunately that's why many drivers stay. The benefits are hard to beat. I'd say learn to play their game or you will suffer. If you are being harassed find a good labor lawyer but have really good documentation and a good case, be willing to fight. Teamsters will not back anyone up very well.