World Series

P

proups

What are the thoughts out there about the World Series?

I know local804's response: Yankees all the way. If they fight like Don Zimmer did the other night, then he has a good point!
oops.gif

Wouldn't it be nice to see a Red Sox - Cubs matchup?

L

local804

LMAO........
Red Sox -Cubs match-up??????? Didnt you guys ever hear of the curse of the Bambino????????I think there is a better chance of Tieguy being the next CEO of UPS and Kid being the president of the IBT.The Bosox <u>WILLNOT beat the Yankees.......</u>

F

feederdryver

Sux to be that Cub's fan from Chicago.

If I were him, I would get out of Dodge (or Chicago in this case) as soon as possible. Maybe he should take up that offer from that hotel in Pompano Beach, Fla.
Kinda feel sorry for the dude.

No thanks to the media for giving out his name and hometown to the entire world.
I hope he doesn't do anything stupid due to this.
I'll pray for the poor guy.
I hope all my fellow UPS'ers will too.

B

brown39

I can't believe the cubbie fan issued a press release !!!!! Go YANKS

P

peacock71

Religious Yankee Fan here who believes...

'We have 'em right where we want them'

Bring on Pedro!

Go Yanks!
Go UPS!
P71

B

brown39

It can't get any better than this....!!! GO YANKS. 1918, 1918 !!!!!

T

tieguy

Looks like the 170 million dollar payroll will buy another world series.

B

brown39

Aaron Boone, Bucky Dent...one in YS, one in Boston. The HEX continues. Couldn't have happened to a better team, after Sat. Don Zimmer has a BIG SMILE. Nothing better than to see PedroLoser join the ranks of the LOSERs in boxox lore. LOVED IT. !!!!!!!

L

longups

<font color="0000ff">Why are we Yankee fans excited??
There was no doubt about the outcome against Boston!
It's inevitable. Even when we were down 4 to zip I knew the Yanks would win; we just like to toy with them to make it interesting.</font>

T

tieguy

Ah Mr. 8 the fact is the yankees are outspending everyone and racking up one bought championship after another. That statement does not totally discredit their efforts but it is a reality. As someone who is not a big yankee fan it does get old seeing the same teams just about every year.

B

brownmonster

Paying more for quality people and being number one year after year is ok for UPS and not the Bronx Bombers? At least George puts the profit on the field instead of in his pocket. I get to watch the Brewers lose in an beatiful empty stadium they promised would be full of star players with all the extra revenue! Go Yanks!

P

peacock71

Who'da thunk it...Aaron Boone,
He hadn't had a hit since June,
One fat pitch and there it went
Into history with Bucky Dent.

Somewhere up in Beantown, the lights have been turned down.
Somewhere in the North End, the fans have been let down.
But all over Boston diehards know the truth.
The guy who really beat them is no one but Babe Ruth.

Go Yanks!
Go UPS!
P71

E

ezrider

Yes,the Yankees certainly have quite an advantage over many teams in that they can spend money to aquire talent,but the Red Sox have talent also.Baseball is very much a bussiness and the difference here,much like other bussinesses,is how the talent was managed.Torre showed no fear yanking Clemens when it was clear he didn't have his best stuff and his relievers helped stop the bleeding.Grady Little,on the other hand,rode Pedro to way to high of a pitch count even though he clearly had the better bullpen of the two teams.Brownmonster,under the revenue sharing agreement in place your Brewers have to allocate a substantial share of the money they recieve to pay down the debt they incurred before they can add to the payroll,but you do have a good GM and and that Ned Yost seems like a fiesty guy.I visited Miller Park to see my beloved Redbirds,and I must say the 7th inning "sausage race" was as good as it gets for fan fun.

P

peacock71

I am of the opinion that Boston had the talent, but got out managed by Torre and caught by the finest relief pitching in the history of baseball by Rivera. They could have won though....

Go UPS!
P71

L

local804

Very true Brownmonster. And BTW Tieguy, money spent should not be an issue.Any onther team can spend the same money if not more than the Yankees. The METS had the second largest payroll in baseball and they came in last place.After the season is done, George will pay a tax to the smaller markets teams in the tens of millions.The Yankees have many top prospects that came from the farm system and they had no choice to pay them the money they are getting. If George didnt pay them someone else would and thats a fact.A few farm teamers are Pettitte,Jeter,Johnson,and Soriano to name a few.The larger markets get to spend more money of course,but thats business.You dont see UPS complaining that Fedex is spending millions of dollars to compete with us, so cry the money game to someone else and just look at history in the making.Almost every single player looks forward to playing at yankee stadium just for what the stadium has to offer.LETS GO YANKEES>>>>>>>

P

peacock71

Looking ahead, the yankees are tired but Giambi and Boone may be breaking out. Need to get through the first game with pitching...looks like Wells. Should be fun with the Fish.

Go UPS!
P71