World's Smallest Political Quiz

Overpaid Union Thug

I didn't like that one. There were several questions that cancel each other out becaue they were so vague. It wasn't too far off though. It had me almost directly in the middle.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I didn't like that one. There were several questions that cancel each other out becaue they were so vague. It wasn't too far off though. It had me almost directly in the middle.
Well, if it wasn't too far off, it can't be that bad:wink:. What questions did you think cancelled each other out? My impression of that quiz was that it would divide people along religous lines more than political leanings, especially people who have all been born and raised in western democracies.

Here's a quiz that supposedly tells you what religous beliefs are most in line with your personal beliefs:

Belief-o-Matic

tieguy

Banned
Personal Issues
(Choose A if you agree, M for Maybe, D if you disagree.)
A
M
D
Government should not censor speech, press, media or Internet
Somewhat agree, do think you should not be able to yell bomb in a crowded arena. answered maybe

Military service should be voluntary. There should be no draft
Agreed. Draft only when there is a direct threat of invasion here in our homeland.

There should be no laws regarding sex for consenting adults
Agreed. Just keep in in the bedroom . Don't come out on Opra and share your fetishes with me.

Repeal laws prohibiting adult possession and use of drugs
Maybe. For marijuana against any other drugs. In the house only. no weed bars.

There should be no National ID card
Disagree. Essential for security. George Orwell was a kook.

Economic Issues
(Choose A if you agree, M for Maybe, D if you disagree.)
A
M
D
End "corporate welfare." No government handouts to business
Disagreed. Well placed "tax incentives " can help this country.

End government barriers to international free trade
Agreed.

Let people control their own retirement; privatize Social Security
Maybe. I believe in some privatization ,401K's to supplement, not total privatization.

Replace government welfare with private charity
Maybe. Reduce government charity to the bare minimum , encourage private charity.

Cut taxes and government spending by 50% or more
Maybe to Disagree, I love to cut taxes and spending. I believe 50 percent is too much and would be too much of hardship on this country. Highways and other infrastructure plus defense of our country alone take us past 50 percent. How about the line item veto to put accountability in the presidents hands. You can then blame the president for pork barrel spending.

wkmac

those answers make me a centrist with a slight lean to the left. :thumbup1:

Actually Tie, you sound somewhat like a Social Democrat and don't take that as some kind of slam because it's not meant that in any way. Even Bush,Gingrich, etc. are in the same political neighborhood as yourself so I hope that makes you feel better and you're probably in good republican company if you look around.

Your views as far as civil liberties are concerned would seem to place you somewhat in that realm but they would also come pretty close to make you what I would call a kinda "libertarian lite." Only place you kinda lose that tag is on the National ID card and let me ask you this, if we had no terrorist situation and no border problem would you still be for that card? In other words, is your support for that idea only a response to what you percieve as security threats to this country and in turn to you and your family? If so, I may disagree but can appreciate that position.

Thanks again for the openness and honesty of your post.

tieguy

Banned
Actually Tie, you sound somewhat like a Social Democrat and don't take that as some kind of slam because it's not meant that in any way. Even Bush,Gingrich, etc. are in the same political neighborhood as yourself so I hope that makes you feel better and you're probably in good republican company if you look around.

Your views as far as civil liberties are concerned would seem to place you somewhat in that realm but they would also come pretty close to make you what I would call a kinda "libertarian lite." Only place you kinda lose that tag is on the National ID card and let me ask you this, if we had no terrorist situation and no border problem would you still be for that card? In other words, is your support for that idea only a response to what you percieve as security threats to this country and in turn to you and your family? If so, I may disagree but can appreciate that position.

Thanks again for the openness and honesty of your post.

Wkmac,
The terrorist threat has definitely swayed my opinion in that area.

Social democrat or light libertarian is not offensive to me.
I used to laugh when others here tried to label me a neo-con. I still believe I am predominantly conservative but each issue is different and will prompt a different response.

I think most of us could be labeled a variety of ways depending on the issue discussed and depending on current events. The pendulum swings back and forth due to our opinions changing or strengthening in response to world issues.

wkmac

Wkmac,
I think most of us could be labeled a variety of ways depending on the issue discussed and depending on current events. The pendulum swings back and forth due to our opinions changing or strengthening in response to world issues.

That's very true!