Would like opinions on something I've noticed recently

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
A guy in my center got hit with 2 "not taking whole hour lunch" and 1 "working helper longer than directed", WL's

loaded up route with 250 stops and a helper all day... PC is bricked out with single pkg deliveries...
I would have cut the helper loose as directed and worked 13 hours with as many missed as possible. That action puts an end to nonsense warning letters

Preferably I like 1 hour of OT per day. A little more is fine. Less is not so fine. That 1 hour has not been there for the last few months. I'm a cover driver. Work every single day. Dispatches have been super light. Now I know one reason for that is casuals are working and they want to get them ready for peak. So the work has been more spread around for the most part.

But what I am wondering is, if this is the new trend? Lighter dispatches? With the new contract being pushed to 4 years to top pay is the company finally caving and is now willing to go on a little hiring spree? Lighten guys up. Cut down on the OT. Are the days of making 90K+ a year gone?

Now I know what's going on here, isn't going on everywhere. I'm sure plenty of centers have driving lubing up every morning. But it's just something I have been wondering. Does the new contract of 4 years to top pay have them rethinking things in terms of cutting down OT and putting more drivers on? It's slightly worrisome for me. 41.5 hours per week doesn't cut it for me.
I make as much money as I want to. I decide how much I feel like working on Monday and by Friday it right where I want it to be.

Thebrownstreak

I always enjoyed peak. Yeah the hours are much worse, but i felt the work was easier. Granted i had a good helper each year, but at least speaking for myself, my area got condensed down to basically a highway with businesses that i delivered till around 2pm….then from 2-9 it was all easy residential. Our center has always sent out our seasonal drivers in rentals with about 100 stops, then they would sweep UPS stores, and meet drivers around 6pm to take pick up pieces in. Granted i always had great helpers, so that may have been part of my thinking towards peak. Whats it like for the rest of you

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Bingo. Family friend is a driver in a small rural town in Oregon. She is literally the richest person in the whole town. And it's not even close

No offense to any drivers in Mississippi or Alabama. But if you are a driver in that part of the country, you are more well off then 95% of the people in your area.
Well off? Most of my family and neighbors said they would never do what I do for a living. Never home and the physical beating takes a toll after a while.