Writing Up For Misloads

my preload sup. says the there wil be a warning letter issued for a misload on my truck ,, but the thing is after i leave there are still people on my belt and pkgs. coming down.. so how can he do that with no real indication that it was my truck.. you cant punish one for anothers actions..

Ptrunner

This is pretty easy, first did they have a steward meet with you when they told you about the warning letter. If they didn't they cant give you the warning letter. And also if youre sent home and other people are loading your trucks then you cant get in trouble for the misload. They tried pulling that crap at our building, most times when people leave, we just set packages at the back of the truck and are told not to load it.

If you have a good steward, you should be taken care of.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

my preload sup. says the there wil be a warning letter issued for a misload on my truck ,, but the thing is after i leave there are still people on my belt and pkgs. coming down.. so how can he do that with no real indication that it was my truck.. you cant punish one for anothers actions..

Don't sign anything. if you have a good reputation as a loader, they'll get off your back and target someone else. Tell your manager you're working to the best of your ability. Have them check the PAL label what time it was Spa'd to the truck if you think it was someone loading after you were sent home.

no,, he had no SS with him,, and im loading 4 trucks 6B- 8A 8B 8C. and at the end of the day they trying to shove everything out of those trucks and there are pkgs. everywhere.. it is crazy,,

FromBluetoBrown

If I get a misload and they make me sign for it acknowledging I did it. I just sign my name as Darth Vader. So when they come at me again I'll just say "I didn't load it. Some guy named Darth Vader did. Maybe you should go and try finding him".

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Same thing here, although its the sups. My loader has his issues, but I can tell when a sup throws one on a shelf. Its usually one that moved 3 yrs ago. Or one left behind because of one of the early guys leaving before start time. I just say, oops not mine, no I cant set up a meet, but thats only if Im lucky enough to spot it before I leave.

mva1985

Any stewards on this forum have any sound advice for helping the members when it comes to them being written up for misloads?

dillweed

Don't sign anything, you don't have to.

Was this an official warning letter sent to your home or just a silly piece of paper informing you of the misloads? If it's an official letter a union rep should get involved.

tooner is a good driver and knows her preloader's work. A driver like her would quickly point out to management that you didn't load the package. I preloaded for three drivers and they all stood up for me when an air was found in the truck or something was just out of whack.

Seems to me if managment is crawling on you about misloads you can request more training, especially if they are actually warning you.

Trouble with the system is that union reps can't really do anything about them sticking papers in your face and saying you messed up. At our center they don't get involved unless it gets to warning letter stage, at that point they can have you request more training. I never had a preload sup with the balls or ability to offer more training. :happy2:

Steward773

Any stewards on this forum have any sound advice for helping the members when it comes to them being written up for misloads?

misloads are a hot topic right now in our building. As a driver I file grievances for sups running/shuttling misloads and win them. Now this obviously puts more pressure on the preloader. In turn, the preloader should adjust the way he/she works to prevent or minimize the misloads i.e work safe, grab packages by opposite corners, bend at knees, keep packages in your power zone, hand to surface, get help with o/70's, etc...I know what it's like on preload, I did it for 3 1/2 years before edd... alot less misloads back them. Anyway, two things will happen if the loader does as described above. The loader will need help due to stack out by following all the methods, but by working by the methods it gives the loader a much better chance of eliminating or reducing misloads. So in conclusion, the loader will either lose a truck to load, or they will get off his/her back about misloads.....you have to learn how to play "the game"

Z

Zink

I got a misload a day for my first 2 weeks as a loader, so they just moved me to unload. I love it over there, all you do is make sure the label is up. We unload 40+ trucks a night per quad, but it's still a lot easier than loading.