Wrongful termination filed a grievance

SWORDFISH

Why would you call in every day? If it was that serious, book off and stay booked off. If you book off every day that counts as an occurance, correct?

An occurance is when your gone till when you come back so in this case it would be one. I hope they dont scare you into not taking backpay but the part I dont get as already stated by someone else is that this should be a working termination. Meaning that you shouldnt be pulled out of service till this gets resolved. They are actually gving you what should be a nice paid vacation. Last year I had 3 seperate occurances of missing at least 2 weeks w/ a doctors note and nothing was said cuz its well within our rights.

PAUPSER

Yea we all have a extra set of keys some of the guys take them home while others have them hidden in the truck somewhere

PAUPSER

I filed a grievance and stated I wanted back pay; the shop steward, already said that the center manager told him that I would not get any back pay under any circumstances and that is a ridicules request on my part. To answer someone else questions yes this is a new center manager he stated two weeks ago and for some reason I am on the “SH**LIST” even though I already went thru three center manager’s before with no problems. One was very nice and the other two never said a word to me ever nor knowledge me, which is also great too!

I filed a grievance and stated I wanted back pay; the shop steward, already said that the center manager told him that I would not get any back pay under any circumstances and that is a ridicules request on my part. To answer someone else questions yes this is a new center manager he stated two weeks ago and for some reason I am on the “SH**LIST” even though I already went thru three center manager’s before with no problems. One was very nice and the other two never said a word to me ever nor knowledge me, which is also great too!

Of course he said that, don't make it true though. They will tell you anything to get you to just go away at this point. Failing that, they don't want to have to pay you backpay because that is proof that the termination was done without merit. Just getting your job back can be saying, yeah we could fire him but we want to give him a break.

SWORDFISH

+1 .... Get used to being lied to or mislead. I have actually got my supervisors in private to admit to that they do it to try to manipulate a situation. Your center manager doesnt want to pay you dont talk to him about it. Just make sure you pursue backpay w/ your union rep.

DS

Fenderbender
+1 .... Get used to being lied to or mislead. I have actually got my supervisors in private to admit to that they do it to try to manipulate a situation. Your center manager doesnt want to pay you dont talk to him about it. Just make sure you pursue backpay w/ your union rep.
best answer yet

tomuchdrama

thats it only 5 days,hell we have a feeder drv who last year had over 80+ days of being late to work,nothing was ever done about it, so u should be just fine.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Your manager is not high enough up the food chain to decide if you get back pay or not. That will be decided by the labor rep and agent/ panel or even an arbitrator, but I can assure you his word will not be the final word.

705red

Browncafe Steward
thats it only 5 days,hell we have a feeder drv who last year had over 80+ days of being late to work,nothing was ever done about it, so u should be just fine.

This is the difference between package and feeder, package drivers dont have the time to watch to see whos late whos wearing white socks with their shorts etc. Feeder drivers on the other hand are always in other peoples business. Way to try and throw another union member under the bus.

Scooter1

Sounds pretty fishy. Fired with no talk with, warning letter, suspensions etc for a non-cardinal sin. Sounds like you had crappy union representation or you're leaving something out. I once heard about an employee getting fired for an "attendance issue", but is was because he forged a doctor's note.

NHDRVR

The circumstances don't make sense but here goes... We have a couple of drivers who are late 99% of the time. Been happening for years. I am aware of one of them getting a written warning but it stopped there. Mgmt. pretty much just expects them to be late every day. It's just the way it is.