Wrote up for missed scans but....

Notcool

I work on twilight shift for a about 7 years now loading. Was wrote up on Tuesday for 5 missed ad hops/scans out of 1400 I did on Monday. Throughout the night 4 other people helped load my truck at different times. How can they write me up? When they have know way of knowing if it was me or the other four people. So Tuesday I refused help. Even loading at a fast pace its impossible for one person to keep it pulled in. I didn't want to get written up again, unless I new it was me that missed five freaking scans. It got so backed out the entire building shut down. So the till a loader to help me even if I refused. He came in and started loading and I walked out of the truck to my super and told him I wasn't loading while someone else was while they continue to ad hop me. He is my normal sup and he didn't write me up. They sent a female sup to write me up because mine refused to. They knew I would not argue with the lady sup. So my they get the upper sup to come talk to me. When I explained the situation with the write up in not a nice way. He said it was coming from up top blahh blahh and we had a big argument and and I went back to loading. Its BS I am always top load rate, with no misloads and they pull a bs write up on me. I can play their games. My pt sup even told me it was bs and he had my back. They didnt even cut him a check this week. Thats his issue though but the center I work in is corrupt and ridiculous

Last edited:

upschuck

That is one thing I don't get about this company. They take the cream of the crop and try to discourage them to become like the rest. I don't know how many times I have seen this happen. They revel in doing that.

Johney

Don't turn down the help. It sounds to me like that is a perfect excuse to put on your grievance. As long as someone is helping you how could a warning letter stick? I'd take help every time.

upschuck

Don't turn down the help. It sounds to me like that is a perfect excuse to put on your grievance. As long as someone is helping you how could a warning letter stick? I'd take help every time.
That is in the new contract. Art 12 Employees will not be responsible for any work performed by another employee using any electronic device under their name.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did scanner for "smalls" packages and they made sure we hit that bulls eye.. 1 girl always scanned the bar code and it was alot of "misses" for CAP.. and DDU

The barcode is for delivery only. The bullseye, or maxi code bar code, is for scanning as it contains all of the information associated with that package, to include origin and destination zip codes.

Johney

The barcode is for delivery only. The bullseye, or maxi code bar code, is for scanning as it contains all of the information associated with that package, to include origin and destination zip codes.
What do you mean the bar code is for delivery only? The preload scans the bar codes here to produce PAL labels.

moriar7y

We're always supposed to scan the Maxi code in unload. Every so often the supes will come around and make a big deal of it, but the only time it really matters is with Air packages, as most of the time the barcodes spit out blank labels. But yeah, we're supposed to always hit the maxi code.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

You need to file a grievance on article 37 and 66 and include the article they sent you the warning letter on. Their is no way that letter will stand. Did the other guys receive warning letters also?

I work on twilight shift for a about 7 years now loading. Was wrote up on Tuesday for 5 missed ad hops/scans out of 1400 I did on Monday. Throughout the night 4 other people helped load my truck at different times. How can they write me up? When they have know way of knowing if it was me or the other four people. So Tuesday I refused help. Even loading at a fast pace its impossible for one person to keep it pulled in. I didn't want to get written up again, unless I new it was me that missed five freaking scans. It got so backed out the entire building shut down. So the till a loader to help me even if I refused. He came in and started loading and I walked out of the truck to my super and told him I wasn't loading while someone else was while they continue to ad hop me. He is my normal sup and he didn't write me up. They sent a female sup to write me up because mine refused to. They knew I would not argue with the lady sup. So my they get the upper sup to come talk to me. When I explained the situation with the write up in not a nice way. He said it was coming from up top blahh blahh and we had a big argument and and I went back to loading. Its BS I am always top load rate, with no misloads and they pull a bs write up on me. I can play their games. My pt sup even told me it was bs and he had my back. They didnt even cut him a check this week. Thats his issue though but the center I work in is corrupt and ridiculous
Get a notebook and document anyone that goes in your trucks everyday. Do this off the clock though.