Xmas tips

textat3

About 500 here….I am quiet on my route and drop and go. I find it ruins my day chatting up people…I just don’t care what pretty much anybody has to say these days

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I had someone this week talk to me about what he heard about a possible strike. Then he dropped the "Well you guys make over $40 an hour. You shouldn't be striking over wages." I then dropped the knowledge bomb on him of 22.4s, TCDs who work inside 8 months out of the year, part time wages, and the harassment we deal with. I told him about the 9.5 language, how some of you guys up North are working 6 days a week for the past 2+ years. His eyes kept getting wider. This isn't some normal boomer either as he has a 5 million dollar house and a few million dollar yacht docked at the marina. Needless to say I think I made an impact on at least one of them to see what we're disgruntled about.
All it usually takes is a calm, well thought out explanation of the situation and it's history. It never hurts to explain the history and work ethic of the employees also. Then they may begin to understand. And, if not, code it NSA.

clean hairy

I don't exactly live in a high populous area here old man. A 5 mil house here is still 6,000 sq feet, 10+ bedrooms and 10 bathrooms on the water. It's a retirement area, after all. Speaking of retirement, why are you still feeling sour about all of us who are still working and you're holding onto your past? Isn't it time to go be bitter at the Moose Lodge with the rest of the retirees?
No squirrell and moose?

UncleRico

hahaha....i got almost unlimited waters , soda, chips, chocolate, gingerbread cookies for the last few weeks....one real estate lady(who gets a lot of packages) sets out linen goody bags for deliverers with her contact info emblazoned on it packed with water, enegy bars, lip balm, tylenol, tic tacs, rolaids, etc....i grabbed one every week ! hahaha...my "cash" total was .10 i found in the road, when i had to tie my shoe...

FozziesDeliveries

My route is a small town with alot of government buildings and some businesses then some country. I got a few goodie bags from a few customers, i love those! Money is cool but i am making money, goodie bags feel a little more thought out. I also got a 4 pack of a Southern Tier beer, $55 in gift cards and i think $70 in cash. Its a little more than previous years. I am happy anyone is thinking to give me anything honestly i think its very nice since we are typically in and out.

My route is a small town with alot of government buildings and some businesses then some country. I got a few goodie bags from a few customers, i love those! Money is cool but i am making money, goodie bags feel a little more thought out. I also got a 4 pack of a Southern Tier beer, $55 in gift cards and i think $70 in cash. Its a little more than previous years. I am happy anyone is thinking to give me anything honestly i think its very nice since we are typically in and out.
My customers went overboard this year

I got a stack of cash, gift cards, booze and goodies and there's still people that I didn't see yet that always tip me

GenericUsername

My favorite thing are the cards. The fact some of these people think to go out and spend their money on a seasonal card and write more than their name in it feels so great. I've kept every card since I've been driving full time. It honestly makes the other months of the year when things suck b/c of management or being over dispatched in the heat not as bad at the end of the day.

My favorite thing are the cards. The fact some of these people think to go out and spend their money on a seasonal card and write more than their name in it feels so great. I've kept every card since I've been driving full time. It honestly makes the other months of the year when things suck b/c of management or being over dispatched in the heat not as bad at the end of the day.
Yes my wife likes that also
Not only can she not believe what so many people give me but also the time to take out to write a break heartfelt message on a Christmas card

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So you still have those 2 cards? Lol

GenericUsername

So you still have those 2 cards? Lol
I have something like 20 cards from this year and around the same from last year. I don't think I received many cards the first year.
Yes my wife likes that also
Not only can she not believe what so many people give me but also the time to take out to write a break heartfelt message on a Christmas card
I have one lady who is wheelchair bound and constantly has nurses in her home write me a really beautiful card this year. I may or may not have choked up a little.