Xmas tips

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I call BS

Not really. One of our top seniority drivers on a pickup heavy route that he's been doing for *years* routinely brings in over $4k in tips from the big shippers.

Of course he bends over backwards for them....

He drove in last week with a brand new 2022 Bronco. When I asked him about it, he told me saving all those Christmas tips helped him put down a significant down payment.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not really. One of our top seniority drivers on a pickup heavy route that he's been doing for *years* routinely brings in over $4k in tips from the big shippers.

He drove in last week with a brand new 2022 Bronco. When I asked him about it, he told me saving all those Christmas tips helped him put down a significant down payment.

If he had to only make a down payment on it he should have never bought it. Live within your means— pay cash or don’t buy.

vvv

I call BS
I don't doubt him for a minute. Depending on the route you have you can make a small fortune at this time.

A few guys in my center do just as he said every year and I've seen the cards/cash.

I grab close to $2,000 a year, and considering how often I work that's not all that bad as they would not think I'm their regular driver. :)

GenericUsername

I've put most of that tip money away this year towards the strike fund I have set aside. Couple that with tax return money, I should be fine. If we don't strike then I'm putting that money towards buying a new car sometime this year or next, depending on what news is released about the Z and MR2...or any other cars coming back that we may not know about yet.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I've put most of that tip money away this year towards the strike fund I have set aside. Couple that with tax return money, I should be fine. If we don't strike then I'm putting that money towards buying a new car sometime this year or next, depending on what news is released about the Z and MR2...or any other cars coming back that we may not know about yet.
Why do people want new instead of restoring a classic? A 300zx turbo will have more power, along with an older mr2 turbo

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
9D971372-5B0A-4D19-9D88-2F1BF28381FD.jpeg

@MECH-lift customers know what he wants

🤬 money
😎

GenericUsername

Why do people want new instead of restoring a classic? A 300zx turbo will have more power, along with an older mr2 turbo
I specifically do not like the 300zx look overall. The front looks amazing, but the rest I'm not a big fan of. I also want the modern safety features incorporated into the car that a classic cannot imitate. Losing AC and other comforts is not an option either due to living in Florida and I would really prefer to be able to drive my car year round rather than only a few months due to the heat.

542thruNthru

Well if you weren’t burning up their kid’s toys in your rental…….
I just don't talk to them that much. I just walk, drop and go. They all like me. Wave, say hi. Come to me when they need an issue resolved but I don't go any further. Most of the time when I get tips it's someone I literally just helped during the holidays. Then I just give it to my helper(s).

Brownwind

This peak tips were nowhere near the last couple but still nothing to complain about. The extra OT from weather and logistic hiccups more than made up for it.
Same here. Only a few hundred and enough baked goods to fill a cupboard. 3/4 of my route went to seasonal drivers. This week should be a good one.

I blame that idiot who bragged about our salaries. What an absolute jerk. And to post it on an open thread.

GenericUsername

Same here. Only a few hundred and enough baked goods to fill a cupboard. 3/4 of my route went to seasonal drivers. This week should be a good one.

I blame that idiot who bragged about our salaries. What an absolute jerk. And to post it on an open thread.
I had someone this week talk to me about what he heard about a possible strike. Then he dropped the "Well you guys make over $40 an hour. You shouldn't be striking over wages." I then dropped the knowledge bomb on him of 22.4s, TCDs who work inside 8 months out of the year, part time wages, and the harassment we deal with. I told him about the 9.5 language, how some of you guys up North are working 6 days a week for the past 2+ years. His eyes kept getting wider. This isn't some normal boomer either as he has a 5 million dollar house and a few million dollar yacht docked at the marina. Needless to say I think I made an impact on at least one of them to see what we're disgruntled about.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had someone this week talk to me about what he heard about a possible strike. Then he dropped the "Well you guys make over $40 an hour. You shouldn't be striking over wages." I then dropped the knowledge bomb on him of 22.4s, TCDs who work inside 8 months out of the year, part time wages, and the harassment we deal with. I told him about the 9.5 language, how some of you guys up North are working 6 days a week for the past 2+ years. His eyes kept getting wider. This isn't some normal boomer either as he has a 5 million dollar house and a few million dollar yacht docked at the marina. Needless to say I think I made an impact on at least one of them to see what we're disgruntled about.
I doubt it. If he lives in a 5 million dollar house he is clueless to the average workers problems. He was more likely just being nice to get rid of your sorry ass.

GenericUsername

I doubt it. If he lives in a 5 million dollar house he is clueless to the average workers problems. He was more likely just being nice to get rid of your sorry ass.
I don't exactly live in a high populous area here old man. A 5 mil house here is still 6,000 sq feet, 10+ bedrooms and 10 bathrooms on the water. It's a retirement area, after all. Speaking of retirement, why are you still feeling sour about all of us who are still working and you're holding onto your past? Isn't it time to go be bitter at the Moose Lodge with the rest of the retirees?

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't exactly live in a high populous area here old man. A 5 mil house here is still 6,000 sq feet, 10+ bedrooms and 10 bathrooms on the water. It's a retirement area, after all. Speaking of retirement, why are you still feeling sour about all of us who are still working and you're holding onto your past? Isn't it time to go be bitter at the Moose Lodge with the rest of the retirees?
Jealousy will get you no where youngen

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't exactly live in a high populous area here old man. A 5 mil house here is still 6,000 sq feet, 10+ bedrooms and 10 bathrooms on the water. It's a retirement area, after all. Speaking of retirement, why are you still feeling sour about all of us who are still working and you're holding onto your past? Isn't it time to go be bitter at the Moose Lodge with the rest of the retirees
And it’s the VFW not the Moose Lodge.