yesterday

barnyard

KTM rider
In my building, I am finding that the loaders with the most seniority are the ones that are the hardest to deliver in Orion order. Plus, because they have been around so long, they know everything, even though neither of them have been on route for even a day.

underworked1

I wish they would teach them numerical order before they start adding to their "training".
If they would just lower the number of trucks these guys load and put an emphasis on quality loads vs speed then ups would save a :censored2: ton of money. Pay some part timers some extra money vs paying overtime at 50 something an hour to look for :censored2: and run misloads.

barnyard

KTM rider
How about the loader who put long packages lengthwise on the shelf behind a bunch of packages with higher spa numbers. That one just kills me.

If those long ones have not pushed all the packages on the floor by the time I get on area, it will be the one that Orion wants me to deliver while I am doing NDA.

Overpaid Union Thug

So I found out the other day after 15 years of being at ups and loading trucks for 13 years that you are no longer suppose to put smalls behind boxes on the shelfs blocking them in. The new method is to put a bigger boxes in the back and put the smaller ones in the front. Which seems to be a lack of communication on the part of ups. Just wonder what way the drivers prefer.
I prefer that you snake the entire load (boxes side by side) with the SPAs out until you start running out of room. When that happens Start dropping the big (the really big ones should already be down there) boxes to the floor to free up space. If you run out of space again then that's where you'd decide to put the smalls somewhere. I prefer in front (closer to the lip of the shelf) because it's easier to find.

And we REALLY hate it when you guys put 50 lbs+ boxes on the top shelves!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I prefer that you snake the entire load (boxes side by side) with the SPAs out until you start running out of room. When that happens Start dropping the big (the really big ones should already be down there) boxes to the floor to free up space. If you run out of space again then that's where you'd decide to put the smalls somewhere. I prefer in front (closer to the lip of the shelf) because it's easier to find.

We do?

Overpaid Union Thug

Use the drop down method use the lip of the shelf like a fulcrum and let it land on the lip of the middle shelf, then it's in your power zone.
Uh.....no. They should just refrain from putting heavy boxes up there. The ones that are top heavy are the worst because you can test the weight and be fooled into thinking it's light. Then the weight shifts outward.....then down. The result can be a series injury.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

That is why I try and listen to the drivers about the way they want their trucks loaded. Then some upper mangement guy comes down and tells you your doing things wrong way. In my 15 years of being at ups I have been told numerous things by 20 different people. The list ranges from lip loading, not lip loading, putting smalls behind the packages to now putting them side by side, hazmat labels, writing numbers on packages, stacking out to not stacking out. The thing that really gets me is this new system puts bulk stops on the shelves. If your a new loader your going to do that even though you should drop it. Then I have the trucks that post office so two or 3 bags take up the space needed for them which I then have to put them in an open spot. Then besides all this all the xtra stuff you got to put because ups decides to pull a car out and slam out one car. Of course I been there 15 years and I know better and should expect this. Just if their going to change stuff they need to communicate the stuff better.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Uh.....no. They should just refrain from putting heavy boxes up there. The ones that are top heavy are the worst because you can test the weight and be fooled into thinking it's light. Then the weight shifts outward.....then down. The result can be a series injury.
What's heavy?

I have no problems with anything under 90 lbs being on the top shelf. I'm pretty tall though also.