You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

thessalonian13

A couple of weeks ago we started a district wide Backing Reduction Contest with the winning center getting a celebration cookout. I can only assume that after the first weeks of the contest that my center was not doing a very good job on reducing backs. When my TP60 pulled up to my satellite center, I grabbed my DIAD and read the daily safety message "All drivers must call the center manager today to ask permission before all backs!"
Opting to work as directed, I called to ask permission to back up to the trailer to begin loading my package car. Having 80+ drivers working out of my center and assuming we were all calling in about the same time, I was on hold for 9 minutes. center manager said I was OK to go, so I put the 4 ways on, tapped the horn and safely backed up to the trailer!
Got to my 2nd stop, pulled into a long driveway and again called to ask permission to back so I could turn around, deliver the parcel and be on my merry way. Only 5 minutes on hold this time.
Fourth stop is a dock so I again call. Permission granted after about another 5 minutes on hold. Going to be a long day!
About 5 more requests to back later, I had enough with their game. Called and stated that I would no longer be using my cell phone for such frivolous bullsh&t and all requests from then on would be by DIAD message, would most likely have late air and would be over 9.5 hours.
On car calls back and says "do not call anymore, you are OK to go all day because we don't get telematics on you since your satellited and won't be included in the back reduction contest."
Asked him if he was running a package delivery and logistics company or a daycare? At that time we became disconnected and didn't hear another word from him the rest of the day.
I hope they do this in our center so I can be an over 12.5 instead of an over 11.5. LMFAO

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
About 4 months before I went out, I stopped using my cell. Wow, was the 'team' at the center mad. That green light would flash and flash as I drove down the road. I can't touch it while driving, don'tchya know. So, when I would get to the next stop I would hear- 'What took so long?'. LMAO!!! I had a lot of fun with that.

I'm not one to give an overly smart-remark reply to anyone in management, but my OCS became angry when I told him I didn't see the green light one night when they needed a hand. I replied (in as respectful and as straight-faced as possible manner) "I know I'm not 100% on the five seeing habits, but I'm certain that 'check DIAD light every 5 to 8 seconds' is not in there". The conversation ended shortly thereafter.

Wiggle Wagon

I'm not one to give an overly smart-remark reply to anyone in management, but my OCS became angry when I told him I didn't see the green light one night when they needed a hand. I replied (in as respectful and as straight-faced as possible manner) "I know I'm not 100% on the five seeing habits, but I'm certain that 'check DIAD light every 5 to 8 seconds' is not in there". The conversation ended shortly thereafter.

Up until a few months ago, our Diads (UPS Freight) would ding pretty loudly anytime we got a message or a pickup, but for some reason, they disabled that feature.