You know you are retired when you can do this!

twoweeled

I was sorta scared to come here and see what awaited me.
12.jpg

satellitedriver

You know you are retired, when you can pay for everything in your life and not have to work a minute to cover the cost.
You know you are retired, when you have to check your watch to know what day it is today.
You know you are retired, when you can freely give money , advice, or support, to a person that needs any of the three.
You know you are retired, when you have the time to ponder how the last 50 years past so quickly.
You know you are retired, when you can sit back and marvel at what a wonderful world we live in.

ski or die

Ski or Die
When you see a heavy snow storm coming and you stock up on supplies - Beer and Nachos. Then knowing you don't have to take the truck out of the garage for 3 or 4 days until the weather turns nice again and didn't have to drive to work with all those crazies who don't leave earlier because of the weather, the ones that usually end up against the median on the interstate a few miles further down road after they passed you.

old levi's

blank space
You know you are retired, when you can pay for everything in your life and not have to work a minute to cover the cost.
You know you are retired, when you have to check your watch to know what day it is today.
You know you are retired, when you can freely give money , advice, or support, to a person that needs any of the three.
You know you are retired, when you have the time to ponder how the last 50 years past so quickly.
You know you are retired, when you can sit back and marvel at what a wonderful world we live in.

what year did you retire?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
When you see a heavy snow storm coming and you stock up on supplies - Beer and Nachos. Then knowing you don't have to take the truck out of the garage for 3 or 4 days until the weather turns nice again and didn't have to drive to work with all those crazies who don't leave earlier because of the weather, the ones that usually end up against the median on the interstate a few miles further down road after they passed you.
man. ain't that the truth. i love snow storms now. before it would take me an hour and a half to get to the hub. 14 hour days in feeder chaining all night , dealing with idiots , then another hour and a half toget home. maybe 4-5 hours sleep and then back to work.

it's all gravy now. can laugh at the weather forecast , drink beer and watch the chaos on TV, etc. I should get a base radio so i can talk to the drivers up on the hwy just a couple miles from house and give them a hard time

What'dyabringmetoday???

man. ain't that the truth. i love snow storms now. before it would take me an hour and a half to get to the hub. 14 hour days in feeder chaining all night , dealing with idiots , then another hour and a half toget home. maybe 4-5 hours sleep and then back to work.

it's all gravy now. can laugh at the weather forecast , drink beer and watch the chaos on TV, etc. I should get a base radio so i can talk to the drivers up on the hwy just a couple miles from house and give them a hard time
I bet they'd love your UPS story. I mean- UPS stories.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
not sure if this was mentioned but you hardly ever know what day it is anymore. you have to google it.
nor do you know what time you got up or went to bed.
you usually don't care about the weather.
You get an email about your pension direct deposit into your account and you think. "boy that month went fast "
You don't buy clothes much anymore. sweats , a sweater , and slippers are comfortable all day sometimes
Your dogs are very happy because you're around all the time.
You do get more take out.
You are healthier now than when you were working ( if you are lucky. I am but not spouse )
Your vehicles expenses go way down ( as well as all job related expenses are gone now )
You receive TONS of mail from AARP , Medicare plans , retired related solicitations .
You start reading more.
You have plenty of time for hobbies.
You have plenty of time for the gym.
You have plenty of time for sleep and LOVE taking naps.
You have plenty of time for ANYTHING.

the best thing is looking back and thinking all the hard work was worth it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
not sure if this was mentioned but you hardly ever know what day it is anymore. you have to google it.
nor do you know what time you got up or went to bed.
you usually don't care about the weather.
You get an email about your pension direct deposit into your account and you think. "boy that month went fast "
You don't buy clothes much anymore. sweats , a sweater , and slippers are comfortable all day sometimes
Your dogs are very happy because you're around all the time.
You do get more take out.
You are healthier now than when you were working ( if you are lucky. I am but not spouse )
Your vehicles expenses go way down ( as well as all job related expenses are gone now )
You receive TONS of mail from AARP , Medicare plans , retired related solicitations .
You start reading more.
You have plenty of time for hobbies.
You have plenty of time for the gym.
You have plenty of time for sleep and LOVE taking naps.
You have plenty of time for ANYTHING.

the best thing is looking back and thinking all the hard work was worth it.

you forgot knockin boots