You know you have a crappy route area when...

Ms.PacMan

When you ask two guys selling dope on the corner for a light because you lost your lighter.

When you have 3 totes of iPhones behind your truck all going to the same address.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have had three different drivers robbed in my Center the last few months. This morning in the PCM, the Safety Chair suggested we carry a fake wallet with a few bucks in it and obsolete phone to give to the robbing crew. They are always looking for cell phones when robbing drivers.

PT Car Washer

We have had three different drivers robbed in my Center the last few months. This morning in the PCM, the Safety Chair suggested we carry a fake wallet with a few bucks in it and obsolete phone to give to the robbing crew. They are always looking for cell phones when robbing drivers.
Not doubting what you are saying but that is unbelievable. I could not imagine being robbed while out delivering.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have people shot on my route almost weekly. 3 in the same apt house. 1 At a red light where I deliver 2 convenient stores. Just the other day, barely made the news. One last year,, at one house, and the next day it got burnt down, rioting in the street, cops, swat, dea, no big deal, just skip that section. They mostly receive meds, phones, replacement food cards, diapers, ensure, weed, flat screens, and big wheels. Busy section for people who have no money.
And notice how the crapper areas always start order more stuff around tax return time. I work at Taco bell but got a $5000 refund from my 6 kids.. time for a new 50" flat screen and an iphone!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If I were in the hood, id carry a gun. I aint got no problem putting a cap in somebodies :censored2: if I fear my lifes in danger. Hate to sound like that but lets be real, it could happen.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If I were in the hood, id carry a gun. I aint got no problem putting a cap in somebodies :censored2: if I fear my lifes in danger. Hate to sound like that but lets be real, it could happen.
I got robbed once, but saw no gun. Just pushed me away. Broad daylight, me and the customer just watched.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
There are no areas in my centers delivery area that are that bad. There is no one who I would be afraid to stand up to and fight back against.

However if i were in an area as bad as what is described here I think I would go the fake wallet/phone route and have ups reimburse me for those costs. If someone is serious it is better just to let it go and stay safe.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Somebody try and mug me their getting beat down like a dog, not a good idea to rob somebody with the temperament of the Incredible Hulk when they get angry lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Somebody try and mug me their getting beat down like a dog, not a good idea to rob somebody with the temperament of the Incredible Hulk when they get angry lol.
The view is always good from the bleachers. You're walking down the street half drunk...someone grabs you from
behind...presses a knife to your throat...lemme know how that works out for ya. I bust my :censored2: just as hard as anyone for my dough...but nothing in my wallet is worth dying for...he can have it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I can always earn more money....having some gnarly looking scar on my neck or bleeding out on a city street while people walk right past you...not the way I wanna go. Just sayin.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The view is always good from the bleachers. You're walking down the street half drunk...someone grabs you from
behind...presses a knife to your throat...lemme know how that works out for ya. I bust my :censored2: just as hard as anyone for my dough...but nothing in my wallet is worth dying for...he can have it.
Knife or gun im in full agreement with ya, do what they ask for sure.