You may have just fell off the turnip truck if you think...

fxdwg

Long Time Member
This is a timely post as Thanksgiving is only a few days away.

Anyone have some really good Turnip recipes??

Thanks

moreluck

golden ticket member
Check the All Recipes or the Food Network site. Or just enter "recipe for turnips" in Yahoo and there will be lots of them. I really don't like turnips!

Popeye

Popeye:

First of all, you certainly do not know me or how I treat other UPSers (this includes BOTH those I manage and who manage me).

I agree that you cannot tell someone BOTH how to do a job and the expected outcome. I do not treat my people like that and my manager doesn't treat me that way.

There are lots of ways to get ahead in UPS without kissing any tail. The main way to succeed is to look at the entire picture. Seems to me that you are refusing to do so. I have a different perspective than you, so you assume that I have no integrity and am a yes man......

I look at each situation on its own. Do you? This thread was about a change in management compensation. Still, no one has pointed out how this specific change reduced compensation.

Past losses and the possibility of future losses have been brought up.....

I have asked many times..... Go ask the division manager if he / she has the wrong plan on the road. You will not find one that says they are not in control. That is where it all starts. Plans are done locally. If a center manager thinks he / she can't run their own operation, do they have the guts to talk with their division manager?

Too bad we can't all work on this enchanted hidden island within UPS where you apparently do. But where I come from, in no particular order, the 2 ways to get ahead are 1. being in the right EEOC category and/or 2. Kissing bureaucratic hiney. And even those haven't been working too well recently, because advancement for most people is blocked by layer upon layer of dead wood.

pretzel_man

Too bad we can't all work on this enchanted hidden island within UPS where you apparently do. But where I come from, in no particular order, the 2 ways to get ahead are 1. being in the right EEOC category and/or 2. Kissing bureaucratic hiney. And even those haven't been working too well recently, because advancement for most people is blocked by layer upon layer of dead wood.

I can't speak for the location where you work, but I'll bet I have seen much more of UPS than you have.

How many centers, districs, regions have you seen? How many different centers have you been in this year? How many people meetings have you attended?

You say that I live in an "enchanted island" but is your view as wide?

That being said, without growth advancement is greatly slowed. No doubt. Its harder to move up.