You Might Be Libertarian if you are analytical in your political beliefs

refineryworker05

Where are these entitlement cuts taking place?

Read for comprehension. In that post, I didn’t post that entitlement cuts actaully happen, but that those who claim to be fiscally conservative always push those entitlement cuts( social security, Medicare, Medicaid) dishonestly after they ballon the debt and deficit with income tax cuts to the wealthy and corporations, by presenting those cuts as cuts to welfare programs that go to undeserving people.

vantexan

Read for comprehension. In that post, I didn’t post that entitlement cuts actaully happen, but that those who claim to be fiscally conservative always push those entitlement cuts( social security, Medicare, Medicaid) dishonestly after they ballon the debt and deficit with income tax cuts to the wealthy and corporations, by presenting those cuts as cuts to welfare programs that go to undeserving people.
You said they were going for cuts. When? Where? Bills introduced? More fear mongering?

floridays

Skimmed it, parents can continue to help their kids if it is required, beyond that, lets go to work. I may be redlining however.:rolleyes:

just a little poke to libs that feel entitled to others "excess."

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Socially liberal and fiscally conservative is rhetoric that accurately describes very few people. I’m tempted to post that it describes zero actual people, but anything is possible.

Fiscally conservative as far as I can tell equates to supporting income tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations which balloon the debt and deficit, then going for entitlement cuts(which really means social security, Medicare, and Medicaid cuts) as cuts to “welfare programs” which is spending going to undeserving people. None of that is fiscally conservative. It’s just wanting income tax cuts for the wealthy and entitlement cuts as an end to themselves.

And socially liberal are words in the American context that are so subjective as to be meaningless.

That's because you equate the word conservative with things that you find politically negative. Conservative in a fiscal sense means to be careful with how you spend money. I don't consider myself socially liberal in general, but do believe the government should stay out of our personal lives beyond protecting our constitutional rights.

refineryworker05

That's because you equate the word conservative with things that you find politically negative. Conservative in a fiscal sense means to be careful with how you spend money. I don't consider myself socially liberal in general, but do believe the government should stay out of our personal lives beyond protecting our constitutional rights.
No that's not it. I have observed the actual policies of those who claim to be fiscally conservative for the last 30 years and every last one of them supported huge income tax cuts that ballooned the debt and deficit and then they'd call for entitlement cuts(social security, medicare, and medicaid).

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No that's not it. I have observed the actual policies of those who claim to be fiscally conservative for the last 30 years and every last one of them supported huge income tax cuts that ballooned the debt and deficit and then they'd call for entitlement cuts(social security, medicare, and medicaid).

You said it, people who claim to be fiscally conservative. The fact that other people want to misuse the language doesn't change the actual definitions of words and terms. Google sure likes to do that, though. I don't like more money being funneled to the wealthiest people either, and, at the same time, government spending is out of control. We can further diacuss entitlements, both government programs and the definition of the word, if you'd like. Maybe we can approach an understanding on what it really means to be fiscally conservative.