Your $$$$$ "I.O.U.S.A"

tieguy

Banned
I was actually hoping this thread to have a different outcome, and after watching that show, discuss the things that could be cut, and how to get USA back on track :dissapointed:

It would have been if an american had asked us to watch something that might get the usa back on track.

some of us like to get outside and enjoy the beautiful day out there. That and some sneak peeks at the masters didn't allow much for politics.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Does anyone know of a goverment run program that actually cost what they said it would and did not go over budget??? So what makes anyone think that Obamacare wont cost more then what they say it will? Cutting Obamacare would be an excellent start.

moreluck

golden ticket member
when the Rebublicans take over majority in Nov.....the passed healthcare bill will not be funded. Without funds, it doesn't fly and we'll have to get a new one.....one that's not so reckless with the spending.

klein

Für Meno :)
Does anyone know of a goverment run program that actually cost what they said it would and did not go over budget??? So what makes anyone think that Obamacare wont cost more then what they say it will? Cutting Obamacare would be an excellent start.

I know of one (here), unemployment insurance ran billions of surplus.

On this show, they did mention healthcare reform, ofcourse, and it didn't go far enough.
They also predicted, lots more to follow (they need to).

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I know of one (here), unemployment insurance ran billions of surplus.

On this show, they did mention healthcare reform, ofcourse, and it didn't go far enough.
They also predicted, lots more to follow (they need to).

I forgot that we have Klein so i should have been more specific and said AMERICAN govt program. Thanks Klein for your input on Canada...

klein

Don't freak out about the TV schedule as you can watch it any time at your leisure for free on the Net. Been here for some time.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/iousa-one-nation-under-debt-in-stress/#comment-23072

Thanks for the link wkmac. They never did really show the whole documentary.
It was more of a review of it, and what much be done.
Had 8 or so panelist discussing it... and comming to some sort of conclusions....

I have been very quiet since I watched that show. It's a little to scary to even mention on here.
Because, the outlook isn't bright ! And some major changes need to be made (spending cuts and hiking taxes)...

Lue C Fur

Evil member
klein;714411I have been very quiet since I watched that show. It's a little to scary to even mention on here. Because said:
If you like that show then you should watch glenn beck since he has been sayiing the same thing for a very long time.

klein

If you like that show then you should watch glenn beck since he has been sayiing the same thing for a very long time.

Did he punish Bush for his 13 tax cuts ?
Or you mean a long time, as Obama time ?

I just finished watching that entire flick.
Don't know what to say.
I just know the US is in more trouble then ever, and the future for the new generation is maybe worse then those of mexicans ?
Every US single citizen is now over $200.000 in debt (government owned debt).

You figure it out. No wonder Walker quit ! Or better said, took the walk !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]U.S. N[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]ATIONAL[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]D[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]EBT[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]C[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]LOCK
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The Outstanding Public Debt as of 13 Apr 2010 at 12:51:16 PM GMT is:
[/FONT]
debtiv.gif

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The estimated population of the United States is 308,186,183

so each citizen's share of this debt is $41,665.21.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The National Debt has continued to increase an average of

$4.13 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

there you go , no need to do any guessing about the amount.
[/FONT]

I just finished watching that entire flick.
Don't know what to say.
I just know the US is in more trouble then ever, and the future for the new generation is maybe worse then those of mexicans ?
Every US single citizen is now over $200.000 in debt (government owned debt).

You figure it out. No wonder Walker quit ! Or better said, took the walk !

You sound like this problem happened overnight. Fox, cnbc, and bloomberg has been talking about this forever. Yes Bush and congress was part of the problem just as obama and congress is the problem now. But using the word Bush in any sentence will not help or fix a damn thing. Obama has not done anything to help the problem. He talks about the problem, then he makes it worse. You can only start from today and work forward.

klein

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]U.S. N[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]ATIONAL[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]D[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]EBT[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]C[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]LOCK[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The Outstanding Public Debt as of 13 Apr 2010 at 12:51:16 PM GMT is:[/FONT]
debtiv.gif

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The estimated population of the United States is 308,186,183[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]so each citizen's share of this debt is $41,665.21.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The National Debt has continued to increase an average of[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]$4.13 billion per day since September 28, 2007![/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]there you go , no need to do any guessing about the amount.[/FONT]

Baba, that amount does not include the Social Security funds, the feds have "borrowed" and spent :

The Social Security Trust Fund took in more revenue through payroll taxes leveraged on Baby Boomers than it needed. Ideally, this money should have be invested to be available when the Boomers retire. In reality, the Fund was "loaned" to the government to finance increased deficit spending. This interest-free loan helped keep Treasury Bond interest rates low, allowing more debt financing.

However, it is not a real "loan" since it can only be repaid by increased taxes when the Boomers do retire.

Over the next 20 years, the Social Security funds must be paid back as the Baby Boomers retire. Since this money has been spent, resources need to be identified to repay this loan. That would mean higher taxes, since the high U.S. debt means further loans from other countries have been maxed out. Unfortunately, it is most likely that these benefits will be curtailed, either to retirees younger than 70, or to those who are high income and therefore theoretically don't need Social Security.

The federal obligations are a record $546,668 per household in 2008, according to the USA TODAY analysis. That's quadruple what the average U.S. household owes for all mortgages, car loans, credit cards and other debt combined.

1856.jpg

Can Higher Taxes Solve the Prob­lem? If federal income tax rates are adjusted to allow the government to continue its current level of activity and balance its budget:
  • The lowest marginal income tax rate of 10 percent would have to rise to 26 percent.
  • The 25 percent marginal tax rate would increase to 66 percent.
  • The current highest marginal tax rate (35 percent) would rise to 92 percent!

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Beck has been slamming our govt and Bush back when he used to have his show on CNN...way before he even had heard of the Messiah. But it sure sounds good for the leftys to paint Beck as an Obama hater...just like painting the Tea party activists as Racists.

klein

Beck has been slamming our govt and Bush back when he used to have his show on CNN...way before he even had heard of the Messiah. But it sure sounds good for the leftys to paint Beck as an Obama hater...just like painting the Tea party activists as Racists.

Then why is Beck and the Tea Party against Healthcare reform ?
They should know, if it kept (and keeps) going as planned, it will cover 50% of the total federal budget in 20 years max.
Leaving Social Security payments absoleit.
Miltary without any suffecient funds, either.

They should take the example, and ask to sacrifice some goodies.
The future is already forseen. Same people will be out there demostrating for SS.
What they really should do, is cut it now.... or go to China and demostrate there for more money.
So, they can keep Healthcare, and SS,as is, and keep on over spending.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
More lefty kool-aid...everyone knows we need healthcare reform...not Govt Obamacare...again your getting misinformation.
They should know, if it kept (and keeps) going as planned, it will cover 50% of the total federal budget in 20 years max.
You have not been watching Beck the last 3 years have you? Never assume Klein.
I agree, it all needs to be fixed. Just today beck showed clips of every president since Reagan talking about SS and how it needs to be fixed...you should watch it for a few weeks and you might learn a few things.
So your just saying the Tea Party people, republicans or ALL?
The future is already forseen. Same people will be out there demostrating for SS.
What they really should do, is cut it now.... or go to China and demostrate there for more money.
See Klein we agree...lets stop spending and FIX.

Klein...honestly...when was the last time you watched Glenn Beck? Are you just repeating what you heard or actually what you have seen or heard from his show? You should watch is show all this week. I think you would be suprised. He is not as Right wing as you have heard or been fed by the leftys. The left is afraid or Beck, Fox, and the Tea Party...they dont want people to see what is really going on so they have to demonize them and call them racists who dont care about poor people, etc, etc, etc.

klein

Klein...honestly...when was the last time you watched Glenn Beck? Are you just repeating what you heard or actually what you have seen or heard from his show? You should watch is show all this week. I think you would be suprised. He is not as Right wing as you have heard or been fed by the leftys. The left is afraid or Beck, Fox, and the Tea Party...they dont want people to see what is really going on so they have to demonize them and call them racists who dont care about poor people, etc, etc, etc.

I actually might even give it a try , once. But even in our media Glenn Beck is by no means unbias.
I'm surprised the US government thru SS funds into the big pot at the first place.

Here, it's a whole seperate fund, just like Unemployment is.
It gets invested, and actually have an average return of 8% per year.

However, it is still not solid, because , yes, the baby boomer factor.
It may run low in funds, when the time arrives, but has nothing to do with the federal budget at all, nor federal expenses.

And Glenn Beck, plus Tea party need to find a way, that doctors and hospitals aren't paid by procedures, nor hospitals paid by extra days a patient lies in it.
And ofcourse Insurance and Pharma making big bucks.

Until then, our non per profit system will be hard to beat.

SS should be fazed out. People can do better without it....Someone who makes $75000 a year puts in $9300 (4650 by employee, 4650 by employer) At 4% over 30 years they would have about 575,000 and could withdrawal 23,000 a year without touching the 575,000. Or 40,000 a year for 18 years.