Your move FedEx.....

With all the news lately about companies increasing starting pay and adding extra perks the powers that be better announce something very big. We are getting left in the dust. Our tuition reimbursement has been the same $3000 for as long as I can remember.

Target to pay 100% of college tuition and textbooks in bid to attract workers.

CVS will raise its minimum wage to $15 an hour.

Walmart also announced paid tuition and books a few weeks back..

AB831

That $3,000 a year in tuition reimbursement kept me around a year or two longer than I wanted to stay. It was an incredible blessing. I wonder what strings there are attached to Target’s offer. Starbucks required you to attend an online university from Arizona.

Serf

Just wait until October. You’ll most likely get a couple dollar raise. A healthcare cost increase. And next fiscal year back to 2% due to fuel costs or some BS.

Aquaman

Don’t hold your breath waiting for FedEx to step up to the plate.
Ya, this company doesn’t have a history of doing something big. This just isn’t a job that pays good. That’s by design, it’s part of the plan, they like it that way & that’s how they’ll keep it. It’s not going to be 2% though, so people can stop saying that lol. My bet is 4%-5% for in range. 2% for the top. That will at least buy them some more time from the “be grateful you have a job” crowd.

McFeely

Huge Member
My bet is 4%-5% for in range. 2% for the top. That will at least buy them some more time from the “be grateful you have a job” crowd.

4-5% won't buy them time. Remember, a full step is OVER 5%.

I'm sure it won't be as much as we all hope, but 4-5% would be a smack to the face after 2 years of 2% increases.

Aquaman

4-5% won't buy them time. Remember, a full step is OVER 5%.

I'm sure it won't be as much as we all hope, but 4-5% would be a smack to the face after 2 years of 2% increases.
Do you doubt this companies likelihood to slap you in the face? 4%-5% would be disappointing for sure. But there’s a lot of goofy people here that would be grateful. I won’t be happy unless they raise all steps 2%-3%, give me 2-3 steps, and bump my station up a market level. So see, the company doesn’t care what I want because there’s no way they can accommodate that lol.

Aquaman

Oh they definitely can. It’s just that Fat Freddy goes to considerable lengths to convince everyone that he can’t and that you should be grateful for every scrap he throws you.
I don’t even think they expect us to be grateful. They gave bad raises during a record setting 2 year pandemic peak season. They’re not afraid to piss us off.

falcon back

I don’t even think they expect us to be grateful. They gave bad raises during a record setting 2 year pandemic peak season. They’re not afraid to piss us off.
The pandemic hasn't been going on for 2 years. How is a 2 year pandemic peak season possible?