Youth Group Question From Last Night: God can’t allow sin into heaven? (OnTopic-No bible verses please)

bbsam

Staff member
If it's a religious education type thing, I think the best answer for the guy would be to involve everyone a similar discussion to what we're having here, with your leader correcting anything outright heretical, maybe introducing other notable Christians' ideas like bbsam did, etc.

But there's no making an inherently confusing issue with no single correct answer into a simple yes or no. This will not be the last time it happens if he keeps digging into theology!
It’s a good topic and I hope that student and others keep asking and keep digging. I believe those students will gain a deeper understanding by asking those questions. Keep asking, keep digging. There is literally no telling where that can lead a mind searching for answers.

Last edited:

upschuck

If he did allow sin in Heaven, then it wouldn't be long until Heaven would be like Earth is now.

I, quite frankly, would be disappointed.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
As I understand it, the denial of God is the one unforgivable sin.
"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven" (Matt. 12:31). You must understand this verse different than what's written.
However, I think God has eternity to forgive the spirit to repent and the spirit has eternity to do so.
Another false teaching. This is a sweet thought but totally without scripture to back it. When you breath your last, if you are lost eternally, you will be separated from God forever.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If he did allow sin in Heaven, then it wouldn't be long until Heaven would be like Earth is now.

I, quite frankly, would be disappointed.
The question posed was not if he would or wouldn’t allow sin into Heaven.

To summarize the original confusion in the young person.

2 apparently contradictory teachings from his youth pastor.

1. Nothing is impossible for God.

2. It is impossible for God to let sin into heaven.

What say you @upschuck ?

Do you think God can let sin into heaven if he wants?’

bbsam

Staff member
"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven" (Matt. 12:31). You must understand this verse different than what's written.​

Another false teaching. This is a sweet thought but totally without scripture to back it. When you breath your last, if you are lost eternally, you will be separated from God forever.
You are limiting God far more than I ever would. If God is forever, then God’s mercy and Grace are forever. If the spirit lives on forever, I see no reason for the two not to be able to reconcile.

We do not earn forgiveness. We do not earn heaven. To think that somehow our short time on earth defines the spirit’s eternity is frankly short sighted and lacking understanding of God’s omnipotence.

BrownFlush

You are limiting God far more than I ever would. If God is forever, then God’s mercy and Grace are forever. If the spirit lives on forever, I see no reason for the two not to be able to reconcile.

We do not earn forgiveness. We do not earn heaven. To think that somehow our short time on earth defines the spirit’s eternity is frankly short sighted and lacking understanding of God’s omnipotence.
Nope.
I'm simply taking God at His word. He cannot lie.
You're the one who keeps making up stuff.
Lack of understanding . LOL. You win!

How about a little scripture for all this blow of yours that means nothing.

Integrity

Binge Poster

I can relate.

The reality is all religions are man’s attempt to reduce God to man’s understanding.

I can’t blame anyone for wanting to know God and understand God more but often times it seems that we try to limit God to our understanding and by doing this (trying to limit God) we actually show how little we truly understand His greatness, His power, His presence, and His love...Him.

That’s why I truly don’t understand “Bible Thumpers”.

Don’t get me wrong I would never try to limit God’s ability to speak to each and everyone of us through the Bible.

but in the same way I would never try to limit God’s ability to speak to each and everyone of us to the Bible.

bbsam

Staff member
I noticed that you never “spoke “ of any scripture to back your blow.
Because that was the instruction given in the thread. I am no Bible scholar nor do I quote scripture (don’t even want to).
I will never speak like a Pharisee. I am unburdened of that false sense of knowledge.

BrownFlush

Because that was the instruction given in the thread. I am no Bible scholar nor do I quote scripture (don’t even want to).
I will never speak like a Pharisee. I am unburdened of that false sense of knowledge.
More blow.
Call me what you want, but when it comes to where I’m going to spend eternity, I”ll take God at His word and not the “feelings’’and “I thinks” of an infidel.

bbsam

Staff member
More blow.
Call me what you want, but when it comes to where I’m going to spend eternity, I”ll take God at His word and not the “feelings’’and “I thinks” of an infidel.
If Jesus had believed as you believe, he would have remained a law abiding Jew.

BrownFlush

If Jesus had believed as you believe, he would have remained a law abiding Jew.
More blow.

One of the reasons they killed him was because he didn’t teach what they wanted to hear.You know, kinda like what ever want to believe is fine with God.

bbsam

Staff member
More blow.

One of the reasons they killed him was because he didn’t teach what they wanted to hear.You know, kinda like what ever want to believe is fine with God.
Well, yeah. He didn’t preach what they preached. He kinda acted like the Law of Moses was quaint and somewhat foolish. I’m glad to see you agree with me.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thanks so much for limiting the use of Bible verses in this thread and doing your part in preventing this thread from becoming a Bible Thumping/Bible Verse jousting session.

I am very pleased by most contributors willingness to

BrownFlush

Well, yeah. He didn’t preach what they preached. He kinda acted like the Law of Moses was quaint and somewhat foolish. I’m glad to see you agree with me.
I don’t agree with you at all.
The Lord never acted like, quoted, or reflected the Law of Moses as being quaint or foolish.

SLW

More blow.
When it comes to what happens in the interim period between death and the final judgment, there are a wide variety of Christian views and they all have at least some scriptural support.
I think the view that "all will be saved" is wrong. But whether it's heresy/"infidelity" is a murky grey area. What I think Christians *should* do is hope and pray that it's true, that all will be saved. Just don't count on it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sure he did. Pharisees and Saducees couldn’t stand it. Really undermined their self importance.

No, he called them out for adding to it and expanding on it, adding rules that God never handed down in order to keep those outside the priesthood under their control, more or less. What @BrownFlush does is similar, in that he tries to claim his interpretation of what the scripture says is absolutely correct, and that if anyone disagrees with him, they are not true Christians. I'm ok with not meeting his definition of what a Christian is. It is up to each one of us to grapple with God, and come to understand Him. Depending on others to think for you leads to all sorts of atrocities.

BrownFlush

Sure he did. Pharisees and Saducees couldn’t stand it. Really undermined their self importance.
No he didn’t.

He undermined the laws they had made from
The Law that they bound to level of The Law. Example: No work on the Sabbath. Law.
They had a zillion laws that defined what they thought work was and if violated their laws you would be guilty of violating The Law.
This is what the Lord condemned them for.
Jesus lived and died under the Law of Moses and kept it perfectly.