Zionsville man left to clean up oil spill mess

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Zionsville man left to clean up oil spill mess - RTV6

A Zionsville homeowner has been left on the hook to clean up an oil mess from a UPS truck in his driveway.

On Aug. 22, a UPS delivery truck left oil streaks on the asphalt of Jake Edgerton's Zionsville driveway.

"Those were not there that morning but they were there right after the UPS truck left though," Edgerton said.

PT Car Washer

Years ago the same thing happened except a new concrete driveway. Homeowner wanted UPS to tear the concrete out and replace with new. I believe UPS paid to have the concrete cleaned. The package car was a real oil leaker.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a half a dozen driveways I was told to stay off of because my old P-800 leaked oil like a sive for a LONG time. I added 2 quarts a day every morning like clock work.. It didn't bother me at all I was told to stay off. I didn't blame the homeowners for wanting to keep things looking nice. I wouldn't want some old leaky truck parking in my driveway either. UPS should know within a few minutes after receiving that complaint if it was their truck leaking and should fix the driveway---insurance or not. From the looks of that oil slick the driver should know if his truck was the culprit.

oldngray

nowhere special
They probably checked telematics and he never went in their driveway.

Tomorrow’s PCM is gonna be all about staying out of driveways.

More likely its all on UPS fighting which pocket the money comes from. They self insure through Liberty Mutual (who doesn't like to pay claims).