Zone 1 New Package Trucks AC

MAKAVELI

Wait until sups use the a/c to catch drivers stealing time as drivers use it as a cooling off station. Also more drivers that normal may drop as they never fully acclimate to the heat.

We shall see.
Not in California. We have cool down breaks in our labor laws.

Thebrownblob

Not in California. We have cool down breaks in our labor laws.
1704133007402.gif

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
My wife has been on a mission over the last few months she always looked good to me but now because she feels so much better about herself and she feels better physically she shines differently of late.
Can I get your wife to talk to my wife? She seems to be permanently affixed to the couch.

JL 0513

It's gets hot as hades' balls here, and I couldn't give a :censored2: about a/c. It was a bull:censored2: "win" and I woulda taken my pension contribution increases over this crap. 10/10 people who fall out due to heat do so because they don't take care if themselves. Now I just have another reason my pc will be out of service and my pension will only grow at its current rate for the next five years.

But, they are required to purchase 28k of these over the next 4+ years. Not withstanding a substantial volume collapse.

I don't think not getting A/C would have won us either bigger raises or higher pension contributions. It was argued as something we should have in 2024 anyway. The public has been asking us for 20 years, "Do you have AC in that thing?" With all the heat related incidents reported and even on camera, UPS's hands were tied at this point. In UPS's grand budget, AC is negligible, even the added fuel usage involved.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We have them in our training too. Wally just doesn’t listen? No chance a driver would be able to have discipline that sticks for cooling off on a hot day.
All I'm saying is, smart guy drivers out there have an uncanny ability to abuse a good thing, get themselves fired. We all know a few, maybe more. Too smart to get caught.

JL 0513

I would venture to say the addition of MLK Day as a paid holiday will cost UPS more than the whole fleet running AC though all the hotter months combined. As this added cost is primarily extra fuel since the price of the trucks with AC installed is negligible. Especially since they normally come standard anyway and have to be ordered special without it.