1 year free of FedEx

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I won't miss malcontents and if I do, all I need to do is get on this website. It is filled with them.

I will actually make more money in retirement due to loading up my 401k since it was created in the late 70's and rolling over our old RSP plans and that GRAND portable pension all you people seem to despise. I would bet some of you will actually have a larger traditional pension than I do because I got out in 2003 while you stayed till 2008. Your best 5 years might be larger than mine. You don't see me whining and complaining about less senior people getting more of a pension than me. It happens.

The basic point here is that the vast majority of FedEx employees are "mid-range" and being severely screwed. If FedEx had kept up with cost of living raises, kept medical coverage reasonable, and had a 4-5 year top-out, there wouldn't be much complaining.

But, Mr. Smith took everything he could because he can due to our inability to organize. His gift of the RLA allows him basically unfettered power to do whatever he wants. Now that millenials seem to have zero interest in a FedEx career, The Weasel will have to eventually re-think his practices, but that will take 10 years to figure out.

Hopefully, Amazon decides to become a common carrier and causes FedEx some real problems.

bacha29

The basic point here is that the vast majority of FedEx employees are "mid-range" and being severely screwed. If FedEx had kept up with cost of living raises, kept medical coverage reasonable, and had a 4-5 year top-out, there wouldn't be much complaining.

But, Mr. Smith took everything he could because he can due to our inability to organize. His gift of the RLA allows him basically unfettered power to do whatever he wants. Now that millenials seem to have zero interest in a FedEx career, The Weasel will have to eventually re-think his practices, but that will take 10 years to figure out.

Hopefully, Amazon decides to become a common carrier and causes FedEx some real problems.
I am looking forward to what " oldfart has to say if the global economy falls into a 2008 style recession and as a result the stock price falls from the current $174 back to the $33 level it was in 2008. At the time of his hiring was no more skilled or better educated than today's entry level X employee. He is simply an accident of birth who for no other reason than good fortune showed up at Fedex's doorstep asking for the same thing today's applicants are asking. A day's work for a today's pay.If he was born a generation later he would be in the same position as today's beginning entrants into the work force and his attitude would be the exact same as theirs. The security he knows today do not come as as result of his own creative endeavors but simply good fortune and nothing more. Today he is on the downward side of life and I'm certain that he would trade his wealth in a heartbeat for the chance to have the 50 plus years the kids he is so critical of have yet to live.

Oldfart

Medical coverage is excellent. You get a $900 HSA account. You get full family coverage, health, dental, vision for about $200 a month. $5 or $10 generic drugs with NO deducible. Compare that to other non teamster or non uaw companies and you will see it is as good or better than most out there. You just need something new to bitch about.

What is RLA? You lost me there.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Medical coverage is excellent. You get a $900 HSA account. You get full family coverage, health, dental, vision for about $200 a month. $5 or $10 generic drugs with NO deducible. Compare that to other non teamster or non uaw companies and you will see it is as good or better than most out there. You just need something new to bitch about.

Yeah, the medical is superb. You're already lost, so trying to explain the RLA to a 30+ year employee is going to be useless. The fact you don't even know what it is speaks volumes about your ignorance and Kool-Aid addiction.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Excellent? You've obviously not had to use your insurance for any surgical procedures this year or last year.

Oldfart

Yeah, the medical is superb. You're already lost, so trying to explain the RLA to a 30+ year employee is going to be useless. The fact you don't even know what it is speaks volumes about your ignorance and Kool-Aid addiction.
Ok, I just asked a question. Like I said, my job doesn't consume my life. It must not be anything I needed to know. I was just curious what RLA means.

And yep. In my opinion total family health care for about $200 a month is superb.

MAKAVELI

Medical on the premium plan($1200 per person deductible, 80% coverage), dental and vision is $400+ a month. That $900 HRA is for the entire family not per person. Exactly what is so great about these benefits?

Oldfart

Excellent? You've obviously not had to use your insurance for any surgical procedures this year or last year.

Compare your deductible and out of pocket to other companies and yes, it is very reasonable. TOO high but that is todays market. Like I stated earlier. Most on here must be divorced due your hatred of life. If you were married, your wife would show you her employer insurance options and you would see in most cases, ours is better. or maybe look at your adult kids employee insurance options.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ok, I just asked a question. Like I said, my job doesn't consume my life. It must not be anything I needed to know. I was just curious what RLA means.

And yep. In my opinion total family health care for about $200 a month is superb.

And if the cost was just $200 a month, I'd agree with you. Maybe not superb, but not bad. But THEN you have to figure in the costs of actually using that medical coverage. Sure it's great to have free preventive care, but heaven forbid you need to use it for anything else. After that $900 is used up, it gets expensive very quickly.

Oldfart

Medical on the premium plan($1200 per person deductible, 80% coverage), dental and vision is $400+ a month. That $900 HRA is for the entire family not per person. Exactly what is so great about these benefits?
MY CPA showed me to buy the basic, not the premium. Save the difference in premiums into a money market account and then use it IF needed to pay any out of pocket. The difference between the 2 premiums is over $2500 per year. The coverage between the 2 options is not that big. 10%

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

RLA is the Railway Labor Act which keeps Express an airline and us from being able to unionize.

bacha29

You mean to tell me that this 30+ year employee never heard of the RLA? Is he trying to entertain us or is he really and truly that dumb and ignorant? When it comes to "oldfart" it stands for Redirect Lost Argument as evidenced by your shifting the subject to medical benefits.

vantexan

MY CPA showed me to buy the basic, not the premium. Save the difference in premiums into a money market account and then use it IF needed to pay any out of pocket. The difference between the 2 premiums is over $2500 per year. The coverage between the 2 options is not that big. 10%
Luckily FedEx has kept me from ever needing a CPA. Thanks FedEx!

Oldfart

You mean to tell me that this 30+ year employee never heard of the RLA? Is he trying to entertain us or is he really and truly that dumb and ignorant? When it comes to "oldfart" it stands for Redirect Lost Argument as evidenced by your shifting the subject to medical benefits.
Heard of it. NEVER studied it. No idea the ramifications and never used it in daily conversation or a sentence. Wasn't sure how it pertained to this discussion. Don't let your job run your life.

bacha29

Heard of it. NEVER studied it. No idea the ramifications and never used it in daily conversation or a sentence. Wasn't sure how it pertained to this discussion. Don't let your job run your life.
You mean to tell me that your never heard of the Railway Labor Act ,what it consists of and how it impacts your daily work experience? Good God man I was over at Ground knew of it's existence before I started and have spent time reading up on it. I'm not going to be critical of you given the complete and utter brainwashing you experienced during your numerous trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy. At the same time you're simply not as aware of the long standing machinations and money fueled political deal making your beloved company has a long history of to talk about it from a knowledgeable perspective.

Oldfart

You mean to tell me that your never heard of the Railway Labor Act ,what it consists of and how it impacts your daily work experience? Good God man I was over at Ground knew of it's existence before I started and have spent time reading up on it. I'm not going to be critical of you given the complete and utter brainwashing you experienced during your numerous trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy. At the same time you're simply not as aware of the long standing machinations and money fueled political deal making your beloved company has a long history of to talk about it from a knowledgeable perspective.

Please learn to read before responding. I said I have heard of it but I never studied it and have never used it in a sentence. People around here use it in their everyday conversation in their need to be more miserable. YOU SPENT TIME READING UP ON BEFORE YOU STARTED? LOL Fella. You need a hobby in a BAD way. Maybe take up painting or knitting. Maybe try finding a woman. But if you go out with a woman, you can't begin quoting passages from the RLA. I might be wrong, but I wouldn't think a woman would find that romantic. Maybe a man might be more your speed. You can't let your job consume your life.

bacha29

Please learn to read before responding. I said I have heard of it but I never studied it and have never used it in a sentence. People around here use it in their everyday conversation in their need to be more miserable. YOU SPENT TIME READING UP ON BEFORE YOU STARTED? LOL Fella. You need a hobby in a BAD way. Maybe take up painting or knitting. Maybe try finding a woman. But if you go out with a woman, you can't begin quoting passages from the RLA. I might be wrong, but I wouldn't think a woman would find that romantic. Maybe a man might be more your speed. You can't let your job consume your life.
Your glowing opinion of your employer is so lacking in support that you have been reduced to having to attack the sexual orientation of a complete stranger in a futile attempt to gain some support ANY support for your position. The only conclusion anyone can come up with is that you're thinking about swinging from both sides of the plate. There are plenty of web sites out there for guys who want to come out of the closet. I am quite certain that you' ll have much more success there especially if you are as wealthy as you say you are. Personally that's not my area of interest but your getting along in years and naturally you want to try something different and it's completely understood. Good luck in your pursuits.