1095-B Form (Health Coverage)

Jabbawock

X35PKG/HR
For filing 2015 taxes, you don't have to. Apparently the federal government gave an extension regarding it. However for 2016, it will and should arrive with you w2 tax forms, and when you file it, it needs to be attached.

trickpony1

My healthcare coverage has not changed.

That's because you are covered by plan like the rest of us.

I'm talking about the poor souls that have to work two jobs just to make ends meet and then they have obamacare dumped on them with an outrageous premium and an even more outrageous deductible that they wouldn't be able to meet in an emergency without going into bankruptcy.

Try to keep up.

oldngray

nowhere special
I thought the form was 1095-C. And my CPA says we do need it for this year. Anybody know for sure?

It is a 1095-C. I assumed that was what the OP meant.

and for this year you don't need to attach it to your tax forms but the information will still be sent to the IRS.

oldupsman

It is a 1095-C. I assumed that was what the OP meant.

and for this year you don't need to attach it to your tax forms but the information will still be sent to the IRS.
Thanks. I've got to go see the CPA today. And she was sure I needed the form for this year.
Hope she believes me. I've had no luck whatsoever trying to get on UPSers.com.

oldngray

nowhere special
Thanks. I've got to go see the CPA today. And she was sure I needed the form for this year.
Hope she believes me. I've had no luck whatsoever trying to get on UPSers.com.

I think you will need it for next year. You should still get your own copy of your 1095-C but the requirement was postponed for this year because companies were having trouble getting them out on time.