Do PTers have different medical coverage than FTers?

ACG12

My wife and I both work at UPS, she is a PTer and I’m RPCD. We just noticed that she has a $10 copay for a PPO office visit under her own coverage while we have a $20 copay under my coverage.

I thought we all had the same coverage? We have the same group number on our insurance cards BTW.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My wife and I both work at UPS, she is a PTer and I’m RPCD. We just noticed that she has a $10 copay for a PPO office visit under her own coverage while we have a $20 copay under my coverage.

I thought we all had the same coverage? We have the same group number on our insurance cards BTW.
Why do you have separate insurance?

Anthropomorphic Cow

Some states require an individual to take company provided insurance and use the spouses as secondary insurance
So I’m guessing her’s is being billed correctly with yours as secondary, and yours isn’t being billed correctly with hers as secondary. Or in California there are three or four different plans to chose from that all cover a lot but the specifics of the copays are different.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

When I started full timers had Aetna and part timers had something called team care and the team care coverage was actually better than the full timer coverage. Then when I went full time we went to blue cross blue shield then we all went to capital a couple of years ago. I think it’s different everywhere. All I can say is my bills are paid in full and so far I’m the only person to never have a negative thing to say about my insurance coverage.

Up In Smoke

From the same company? Which states? This would be a company mandate not a state mandate.
Screenshot_20231204-180336.png

5 states still have insurance mandates also. We run businesses in 4 states and have an insurance broker shop for us, so I don't have specifics.

Up In Smoke

Ok. The OP said they both work for UPS, so I’m still trying to find re
Screenshot_20231205-044923.png
levance here
This is a older article, but may still apply. Our state requires W2 filers to answer Y or N on employer provided health coverage when filing their taxes. The OP is most likely running into a company or insurance carrier requirement.

Red Headed Stranger

If you look on your W-2 that you'll receive in January, you should see a dollar amount listed in box 12 with a "DD" marked - Cost of employer-sponsored health coverage. If you've never looked at this number before, you will be shocked at the cost of our health insurance coverage (cost to the company - not the employee).

pkgdriver

If you look on your W-2 that you'll receive in January, you should see a dollar amount listed in box 12 with a "DD" marked - Cost of employer-sponsored health coverage. If you've never looked at this number before, you will be shocked at the cost of our health insurance coverage (cost to the company - not the employee).
Is this new? Mine has never had the amount on it. Only 401k(Reg and Roth) amounts for me. The DD is listed under codes on the back but never used.