110 year sentence for truck driver....see?

In my opinion this is a horrible accident for all concerned, I am sure a lot of things could have been done different.

I definitely disagree with the original sentence and I agree with the reduction of it.
Are you being serious?
The guy was being completely reckless and negligent and many innocent people died because he decided to drive a vehicle that was not safe.
May his soul burn in hell forever

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you being serious?
Yes
The guy was being completely reckless and negligent and many innocent people died because he decided to drive a vehicle that was not safe.
I understand that but it seems to me he had no intention to hurt anyone.

I am personally conflicted that he has to spend any time in jail.
May his soul burn in hell forever
I definitely don’t desire this for him.

Yes

I understand that but it seems to me he had no intention to hurt anyone.

I am personally conflicted that he has to spend anytime in jail.

I definitely don’t desire this for him.
Debbie like me drinking a whole fifth of whiskey and driving a 100 miles an hour down the street and running into a bunch of people and killing them.

No that was not my intention but....

Integrity

Binge Poster
Debbie like me drinking a whole fifth of whiskey and driving a 100 miles an hour down the street and running into a bunch of people and killing them.
If this was the circumstances of the incident in question then my opinion would be different.
No that was not my intention but....
Obviously there are other mitigating factors that I believe led me to my opinion, not just the fact that he didn’t intend to hurt anybody.

Your example clearly points this out to me.

Gives me something to ponder about my opinion.

Thanks.

If this was the circumstances of the incident in question then my opinion would be different.

Obviously there are other mitigating factors that I believe led me to my opinion, not just the fact that he didn’t intend to hurt anybody.

Your example clearly points this out to me.

Gives me something to ponder about my opinion.

Thanks.
You cannot drive a vehicle that big with non-functioning brakes, pass up runaway truck ramps and doing almost double the speed limit and killing somebody. That's not an accident, that's murder

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
You cannot drive a vehicle that big with non-functioning brakes, pass up runaway truck ramps and doing almost double the speed limit and killing somebody. That's not an accident, that's murder
How many trucks/trailers do you think have non-functioning brakes (at 1 or more wheels), some other brake "defect"?

How many trucks/trailers do you think have non-functioning brakes (at 1 or more wheels)?
I'm sure it happens more than most of us realize.

The key difference is he knew they was not working

He passed up the runaway truck ramps

He was also doing 80 and a 45 mph zone

That my friend is not an accident
That's just complete disregard for everyone else

Sorry if I sound cool and heartless but I feel no pity or mercy for this POS at all but I feel no pity or mercy for this POS at all

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I thought the judge gave him the 110, but that the governor commuted the sentence to 10 with possible parole in 5. No?
I did not know that....Now it is really BS! Public opinion by a bunch of bleeding heart liberals swayed that idiot. Plus the killer is a cuban green card holder...
At least 4 counts of Negligible Homicide for a start...
He also could have put the truck into the guard rail or the side of the road....instead he cared more about himself than his victims....

He deserves 40 to Life.

I did not know that....Now it is really BS! Public opinion by a bunch of bleeding heart liberals swayed that idiot. Plus the killer is a cuban green card holder...

He also could have put the truck into the guard rail or the side of the road....instead he cared more about himself than his victims....

He deserves 40 to Life.
No argument for me

Integrity

Binge Poster

He deserves 40 to Life.
I respect your right to your opinion, but I definitely don’t feel this way.