15 former FedEx employees indicted on mail theft charges

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This would explain the iPods for sale for $15 at the Memphis swap meets, and Wii consoles for $20 at the makeshift stand out on Democrat Rd. 'We vigorously deny we have a theft problem at FedEx". They're in even bigger trouble since they stole from the US Mail, which is how this story saw the light of day. If it had been regular Express packages, it would have been covered-up for the sake of PR.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wow. More stellar Express workers!
Yeah like your crew doesn't have any skeletons in the closet. I suppose your boys are busy this time of year leaving computers, alcohol shipments and I-phones etc. at resi's all without signatures.

HomeDelivery

Yeah like your crew doesn't have any skeletons in the closet. I suppose your boys are busy this time of year leaving computers, alcohol shipments and I-phones etc. at resi's all without signatures.

yea, i've seen this happen, but with the hired temp drivers, not the regular ones...

i did see a few regular drivers DR-ing flatscreens without sig in plain view from the street; not a good decision eventhough walmart/amazon are too cheap to add a signature service on them:whiteflag:

hypo hanna

It's silly to think one opco is more prone to thievery then another. Some steal for the profit, some for the thrill. I have no doubt some at FedEx are stealing for revenge against the company for the way they have been treated.

MaineGroundDriver

yea, i've seen this happen, but with the hired temp drivers, not the regular ones...

i did see a few regular drivers DR-ing flatscreens without sig in plain view from the street; not a good decision eventhough walmart/amazon are too cheap to add a signature service on them:whiteflag:

I've DR'd I bet 100 tvs so far this peak ... far too many deliveries to do anything otherwise ... no sig required = not my worry ... granted, I know where most of my customers like to have their packages left and never left in view ...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe you are, but the tattooed box monkeys I see driving for Ground aren't even close to the average Express courier.

MFE, please be careful when climbing down from your high and mighty throne. Ground is quickly becoming the dominant OPCO with FedEx and it won't be too long before Express is a part-time delivery company with two part-time shifts. There have been major improvements in the appearance standards and delivery methods of ground drivers. Their time in transit is better than ours in the major markets. The sooner you come to the realization that Ground is the future of FedEx the happier you will be.