Box Ox

$15 baseline = health benefits slash. Current employees might get baseline+accumulated raises. Wouldn’t take the deal.

I don't know about 15, but at my hub everyone who wasn't already making above 12 now makes 12 with no effect on progression. This took effect yesterday.

My hub is in a city where the minimum wage is 8 but every fast food joint pays at least 10. It's difficult to talk someone into loading trucks when they can earn the same money running a cash register

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
gotta grease those PTers from voting “no”

A4Wp_f-maxage-0.gif

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
The minimum wage in the city my building is in is $13 an hour. They pay part timers that. I worked part time for 4 years and I think I was at $13.55. Poo streaks.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Coworker, family member, supervisors : congratulations!

Me: Shut your :censored3: mouth you :censored3:stick ... Oh god they are going to break the union apart!

W

What The Hawk?

Just a couple of days ago I heard from a number of supervisors that UPS plans on paying all part timers $15 per hour regardless of how long they have been with the company. Sounds great if you are a new hire but also an insult if you already make $15 an hour and are told your pay won't be adjusted accordingly. Should make some nice conversations at future union meetings. I wonder how many else have heard this?
They're paying us $14 an hour now....and cut our hours. So don't be fooled by the higher number with a dollar sign in front. Everyone seems to overlook the other :censored2: they do to balance it all out.

AlliSeeisBrown

I'm with the wage increase as long as they keep the PT benefits where they are. Since I went back to twilight unloading PC's, I'm back at $10.20 at 3.5-4 hours a night. Still have to wait a year for bennies. Maybe higher wages will promote better retention and a more reliable PT workforce. Kinda sick of these lazy asses not pulling their weight.

542thruNthru

Just a couple of days ago I heard from a number of supervisors that UPS plans on paying all part timers $15 per hour regardless of how long they have been with the company. Sounds great if you are a new hire but also an insult if you already make $15 an hour and are told your pay won't be adjusted accordingly. Should make some nice conversations at future union meetings. I wonder how many else have heard this?

It's not a insult. You didn't take a pay cut. Should a 35 year FT driver be upset that me a 19 year driver makes the same as him? No he shouldn't. Starting wage needs to come up and this is probably the way it's going to go down. Complain all you want but you did not lose any money. You're just upset that you don't make more then the new guy. You still have seniority over him so stop whining.

G

Gronged

Whining? I don't think so. We'll see what the union thinks and if they are "whining" too.

542thruNthru

Whining? I don't think so. We'll see what the union thinks and if they are "whining" too.

Ok a few things.

1. When you are answering someone hit the reply button at the bottom.

2. The union is going to be happy either way. Any wage increase means more dues money for them.

3. PTs don't vote. If they do and vote it down then I'll be happy for them but I wouldn't count on it.

G

Gronged

You seem pretty sure the union is happy about it. Have you asked them yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:

542thruNthru

You seem pretty sure the union is happy about it. Have you askes them yourself?

Not sure but I can imagine. If the company is willing to bump all PT to at least $15 and the union doesn't have to negotiate it. That means they don't give any thing up for it.

Also they just bumped the starting pay from 8.50 to 10. Did everyone get a bump then as well. Not here and the union didn't seem upset. What makes you think they will be upset this time? Is it because you're upset?

G

Gronged

Sorry bud, we'll see what the union thinks. This does not mean I already know what they think.

542thruNthru

Sorry bud, we'll see what the union thinks. This does not mean I already know what they think.

Like I said I hope the PT do vote and win more but I don't think it will be the union that battles it first. Just going off the past. PT was at 8.50 for more then 20 years and the union never seemed to care.

May I ask why you think the union will be upset about current PT making 15 or more not getting the same bump?

G

Gronged

Like I said I hope the PT do vote and win more but I don't think it will be the union that battles it first. Just going off the past. PT was at 8.50 for more then 20 years and the union never seemed to care.

May I ask why you think the union will be upset about current PT making 15 or more not getting the same bump?
Read my previous response. I'm not going to repeat myself.