2016 "Dump Hoffa Slate" or "Anybody but Hoffa Slate!"

5habits100

So you acknowledge that I have and do "throw my hat in the ring"???, while you hide behind your anonymity.
First time I ran as an "eleventh hour" part time trustee addition to a slate, the last time for the Vice President position in my local (and I almost won).
In the end it's not for everybody, and obviously, everybody couldn't and shouldn't run for union office.

What's stale is your tactics in trying to squelch those who are voicing their opinions by emasculating them with phrases like "throw your hat in the ring", "son", "boy", etc., as well as insisting for proof of contrary statements, while representing yourself as beyond refute in your own unsubstantiated statements.
In the end, the only qualification for someone to voice an opinion on this subject is that they be a dues paying member or retiree of our union.
One day you and your bell ringers might realize that these tactics work in reverse with many and only serve to fan the flames of change.

So, by all means, keep it up.
Almost won

I am not trying to squelch anyone.

As far as keep it up. I plan on it but thanks for the encouragement.

Instigator

With the Teamster election just over a year away and the beginning of the first delegate elections just months away it's very important to organize and find a good and appealing name for those of you intending to run a delegate slate.

The majority of members do not know what a delegate election is; or for what its for. The incumbents also always use the term "experience" to get their members to vote for them. With that being said its always very difficult for reformers to win.

Five years ago there was two slates that named themselves"The Dump Hoffa Slate" and a third one "Anybody but Hoffa Slate." All three slates succeeded in defeating the incumbent officers. Like I said, people might be reluctant to vote for someone they don't know as opposed to the "experience" slate, but members are now more than ever ready to vote against Hoffa.

So if any of you intend to run a delegate slate at your local in support of the Teamsters United Slate...adopting one of these names for your slate would be more appealing and and the possibilities of defeating the hofficers in your local would increase.
My fav is Dump Hoffa Hall Slate

So you acknowledge that I have and do "throw my hat in the ring"???, while you hide behind your anonymity.
First time I ran as an "eleventh hour" part time trustee addition to a slate, the last time for the Vice President position in my local (and I almost won).
In the end it's not for everybody, and obviously, everybody couldn't and shouldn't run for union office.

What's stale is your tactics in trying to squelch those who are voicing their opinions by emasculating them with phrases like "throw your hat in the ring", "son", "boy", etc., as well as insisting for proof of contrary statements, while representing yourself as beyond refute in your own unsubstantiated statements.
In the end, the only qualification for someone to voice an opinion on this subject is that they be a dues paying member or retiree of our union.
One day you and your bell ringers might realize that these tactics work in reverse with many and only serve to fan the flames of change.

So, by all means, keep it up.
Almost only counts in hand grenades, horseshoes, and atomic bombs.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Almost only counts in hand grenades, horseshoes, and atomic bombs.
What have you ever "won", and I don't mean school yard fights or biblical stuff?
That has been well documented

You can't win unless somebody else plays, while being unapposed is an impressive endorsement?

I'm a fan, and am waiting for you to be "loyal" to yourself and what you believe to be correct.

Only then, will you be free and a true force for the future.

There are many good men around you, be one of them.

Last edited:

5habits100

What have you ever "won", and I don't mean school yard fights or biblical stuff?
That has been well documented

You can't win unless somebody else plays, while being unapposed is an impressive endorsement?

I'm a fan, and am waiting for you to be "loyal" to yourself and what you believe to be correct.

Only then, will you be free and a true force for the future.

There are many good men around you, be one of them.
If you were to run unopposed in an election that isn't a win?

OK

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
its too bad people can not have an intelligent conversation about this. there are people who love Hoffa and there are people that do not. ( I am one of them )

state you case with facts, not with emotion if you want people to listen to your arguments. maybe, just maybe you can change some minds or at least make them think.

with name calling and attacking you just make people dig in with their beliefs. they will never listen to you just out of spite.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Every scenario is different, and in this case I was trying to answer a "dig" with a "dig".
I've never had a little brother.
Perhaps I could have been the bigger person earlier the other night, but tonight, I would prefer to not belabor the dynamics of this particular scenario.

In the end, our boy is in a good spot and I'm happy for all of you.

anHOURover

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437698137.903518.jpg