2016 Republican Convention is set to be a disaster for the GOP...

BrownArmy

Trump Has No Clue What American Government Is All About

Feel free to support Trump. Just don't call yourself a conservative.

The mental gymnastics conservatives are going through in their explanations for supporting Trump are truly impressive.

Trumps' acceptance speech was policy-free but demagogue-heavy.

He literally said, "I alone" (can fix the country's problems).

How?

Meetings, or something else terrific I guess.

The narcissism is shocking.

And his supporters, who blame Obama for being a narcissistic 'dictator', are trying to elect...an actual narcissistic authoritarian nationalist dictator wannabe.

The irony is delicious.

newfie

The best description made by a conservative writer for the weekly standard was this:

Question: "How would you rate this convention comparing it to the past two conventions?"

Answer: "I would describe it as an UNmitigated Disaster."

Best answer EVAH!

TOS.

lets see you watch fox, you watch the republican convention and now you quote conservative writers. your republican slip is showing.

bacha29

While I am a center left registered Democrat there is so much controversy, shady dealing both in politics and private business and just plain bad karma surrounding both candidates that I would not be in the least surprised that something is uncovered about both candidates that is so damaging that neither one makes it to November leaving the parties to reconvene their conventions to nominate somebody else. Who might they be? Can you say Jeb Bush vs. Joe Biden?

newfie

I'm taking a conservative's word at face value that Trump is not a conservative. Are you suggesting that conservatives are liars? (We may find common ground here.)

I believe all politicians and politically motivated people can be liars. the common conservative argument is trump is not a conservative. Trump is running a conservative agenda. Hillary is running on a record of deceit and imcompetence and being the first presidential candidate to undergo an FBi investigation. The choice is pretty clear to me.

bbsam

Staff member
I believe all politicians and politically motivated people can be liars. the common conservative argument is trump is not a conservative. Trump is running a conservative agenda. Hillary is running on a record of deceit and imcompetence and being the first presidential candidate to undergo an FBi investigation. The choice is pretty clear to me.
Trumps agenda is not conservative, his propositions are not conservative. He stood at the podium and admitted he is part of the system. He speaks without knowledge or care for the consequences. Yes. I agree. The choice is clear.

newfie

Trumps agenda is not conservative, his propositions are not conservative. He stood at the podium and admitted he is part of the system. He speaks without knowledge or care for the consequences. Yes. I agree. The choice is clear.

you're in complete denial of what was said. good luck with that.

bbsam

Staff member
you're in complete denial of what was said. good luck with that.
Trump is going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it.
Trump is going to exit NAFTA.
Trump is going to defend the NATO allies that he deems worthy.
Trump is going to renegotiate the national debt.
Trump's whole campaign is built on lies. Good luck with that.