249nsays no way...jose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quamba 638

I repeat where who will pay you the money and benefits ? and no sh-t it is the end ! I fight against sups working as my guys walk out the door, you get benefits for coming in once a month ,375 to get a full year pension benefit,they say you be the sheriff I am afraid they will target me for filing, they bitch because they have to pay $50.00 for a prescription but won't turn in a ballot or file a grievance .We are circling the bowl for the third time. WTF Your quote says it all " why bother ... nobody gives a crap !!!!!!!!"

375 hours a year for a full years pension!!! Get me that deal! I need to work 750.

quamba 638

Go ahead vote for it............Have fun at Mcdonalds!!!!!They are NOT going to pay 20k a year for health care!!When the employees are only making 10k a year!!
I don't work @ Mickey D's I make close to 20K ( FRICKIN PT) a year and and and put 50 % of that away in the teamster 401K I also put $55.00 per week in UPS stock. I work a full time job from 7 to 5 and save the $790.00 per month health care cost by being a teamster and working at Brown from 530 to 930. My prescriptions (5) are paid for @ 100 % and I will collect $1500.00 per month pension when I retire to add to my SSI and 401K. I walk out of my house A 630 AM every day and return close to 10 PM .Please do not preach to me. friend--- Mcdonalds friend--- Wall Mart friend--- Fed Ex
​ Ken Hall did the best he could !!!!

I've worked two jobs for a long time too. I leave at 5:30 every morning tue-sat. Then 5:30-9:30 at the brown mon-fri. Six days a week... I'm grateful for all of the things you've mentioned too, but why agree to conceded any of it now?

It doesn't make sense. What will your insurance be like in 15 years at UPS? Probably not too good. Why agree to take money out of your own pocket when you know it's just a way for them to get their foot in the door for future contracts?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
UPS job is to make money. Ever since they went public in 99, the rank and file passed the event horizon and there's no turning back. UPS is full on corporate. With that being said, the best and only thing you can do is vote no. But even that has possible ramifications that will hurt you more than the concessions. The crappy thing is this problem is bigger than UPS, it has to do with greed. It's the single most prevalent problem in any society. And it goes all the way to the top. Until society changes or the people in the society changes, corporations are going to do everything they can to make that stock perform. In order for UPS to stay competitive with FedEx and the others while paying their PT workforce more than any other PT job I know of and paying the FTers a family wage, they will eat the young and the unborn to do it. If you know of other options that will allow UPS to stay competitive without lowering our healthcare lemme know. Healthcare outpaced inflation in the last 10 years. Inflation was roughly 28% but healthcare went up 131% (congressional budget office numbers). How do you propose UPS pays for those rising costs? They can't by raising the cost of shipping. They'd price themselves out of the market and we'd all be up :censored2: creek. They can't dump insurance coverage for PTers because the ACA would :censored2: on UPS with fines. So they do what they have to. I don't like it. I'll be voting no. But I can understand why it happened.

kingOFchester

Lets not forget our poor CEO. He only has a net worth of 452 million. Pension fund with 6.6 million. He really needed that bump of pay 2011.

804brown

UPS job is to make money. Ever since they went public in 99, the rank and file passed the event horizon and there's no turning back. UPS is full on corporate. With that being said, the best and only thing you can do is vote no. But even that has possible ramifications that will hurt you more than the concessions. The crappy thing is this problem is bigger than UPS, it has to do with greed. It's the single most prevalent problem in any society. And it goes all the way to the top. Until society changes or the people in the society changes, corporations are going to do everything they can to make that stock perform. In order for UPS to stay competitive with FedEx and the others while paying their PT workforce more than any other PT job I know of and paying the FTers a family wage, they will eat the young and the unborn to do it. If you know of other options that will allow UPS to stay competitive without lowering our healthcare lemme know. Healthcare outpaced inflation in the last 10 years. Inflation was roughly 28% but healthcare went up 131% (congressional budget office numbers). How do you propose UPS pays for those rising costs? They can't by raising the cost of shipping. They'd price themselves out of the market and we'd all be up :censored2: creek. They can't dump insurance coverage for PTers because the ACA would :censored2: on UPS with fines. So they do what they have to. I don't like it. I'll be voting no. But I can understand why it happened.

Bingo about greed and our society. As for health care inflation, actually the last 3 years or so health care inflation has been about 3 % per year as opposed to an average of 8% years before. Like someone said on this site a few months ago, UPS wants its huge healthcare liabilities off its own books. They are playing to Wall St to make its numbers look more sustainable. If UPS really cared about controlling health care costs NATIONWIDE they would be pushing a medicare-for-all program!!

kingOFchester

Yup. Remember, while we hump boxes, and some of us rejoice over the TA and our 3.90 raise over 5 years, remember this.....We may be making close to 37 an hour by the end of the contract, Scott will be making a little more then $4,800.00 an hour. That is about how much we make in 3 weeks.

By the third day of the year, Scott will have made more then I make by December 31st.

I am all for executives making mad money. But, when does it end. When is it enough? When does an executives salary become excessive?