3 Answers to a Question

Sammie

Work. I'm on Sun - Thurs next week.

Well, here's an early treat for you, Over. Happy Easter.

images

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
What was you first "Kennedy Moment"?
I was born in July '63, I did not have "The Kennedy Moment" in 1963.

My "Kennedy Moment" was the loss of the Challenger in 1986.

Sammie

What was you first "Kennedy Moment"?
I was born in July '63, I did not have "The Kennedy Moment" in 1963.

My "Kennedy Moment" was the loss of the Challenger in 1986.

I'm very sorry for your loss, AJ.

I was a freshman in H.S. during my Kennedy moment. My home ec teacher demanded that we continue the day as usual after an intercom message announced the Kennedy demise. After one of my classmates, very upset, ran her sewing machine down the length of her finger, Home Ec teacher was called away never to be seen again. And rightly so.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
New question and it is long thoughtful question.
Where were you when you learned the first tower was hit on 9 /11?
Where were you when the second tower was hit?

And what kind a feeling was left in your soul when the first tower collapsed?

And the second tower?

Sammie

New question and it is long thoughtful question.
Where were you when you learned the first tower was hit on 9 /11?
Where were you when the second tower was hit?

And what kind a feeling was left in your soul when the first tower collapsed?

And the second tower?

Was on vaca that week. Got a call from a friend who worked nights
and told me to hurry up and turn the TV on. At first we thought it
was pilot error. Perhaps the pilot fell ill with a heart attack, etc. But
a 2nd time? We had an 8:00 appt. that day at the county courthouse.
At around 8:20 when our meeting was over, they closed the courthouse
for the day. Not sure if terrorism was a positive during those first couple of hours.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Was at work when 1st tower was hit. Just got off work when second tower was hit and was on my way to part time job when 1st tower collapsed. When I got to my part time job the guys wouldn't believe me so we got a t.v. out and watched the news. Man that was a bad day. Left after about an hour. What about when you heard about the third plane? I was calling all my friends who were on their way to make deliveries in Detroit. Just thinking about it brings back that feeling in my stomach.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Answering my own question...I was pulling a '53 ft trailer and listening to AM talk radio when the first plane hit. My gut told me something bad happened.

The second plane hit while I was backing into a dock. I just sat in Cab and listened to the radio.

When I returned to the dock; the radio was on full blast. I was climbing up the dock ladder and heard the panic on the loud speaker when the first tower collapsed.

The day started to move in slow motion...I was then sent on a two person delivery.

The second tower fell just before my coworker and I stopped at a mini-mart for a cold drink. The owner of the store wore a turban and my coworker went "postal" on him.

Amazing how every moment is imprinted on memory.

And the feeling you never thought you would forget...is now in danger because we are starting to forget as a country.

Perhaps those images should be replayed every Sunday because September 11, 2001 is in danger of just becoming another day in a year.

Or have we forgotten?

I warned you that this was long and thought provoking.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
If you had a job you really disliked, but the money was good, would it be worth it to you to live in misery for the paycheck?

over9five

Staff member
Should we be allowed to sell back vacations weeks and/or work through vacations?

I would have to vote "no".

The Union has fought very hard for vacations for one thing, but more importantly if you have people not taking their vacations, this will result in the need for fewer drivers.