3 Answers to a Question

Sammie

Trying to talk my boy into going to his Senior Prom this weekend.
The girls he likes have already been asked, doesn't want to go stag.
Hate to see him miss out on a good memory.

Sammie

1-800-rent-a-date

OMG, wouldn't dare!!!:happy-very: It's not that he couldn't ask a girl,
it's just that from what he's seen, he's in no hurry to settle down
much less date and I wish he had gone to this. His dad has married two ladies; each relationship lasted a month. His mom has had 4 kids with 4 guys and he's quite critical of his folks. (We're the grandparents.)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was just having some fun.

He should go to his prom. From what my kids tell me, it is not like when you and I went, when it was basically about the person that you went with. Now, it is more of a group thing, so he should have fun even though the person he wanted to go with will be going with someone else.

Sammie

I was just having some fun.

I know.

He should go to his prom. From what my kids tell me, it is not like when you and I went, when it was basically about the person that you went with. Now, it is more of a group thing, so he should have fun even though the person he wanted to go with will be going with someone else.

I know, I know. Tried to tell him.

I think he's going to Poker Nite with hubby and the 'After Prom', which
is held at the school after the Prom from 11pm - 4am; it's a different theme and every year quite a production and surprise for the kids. It sounds corny but they have food, games, a huge blow up castle with
the balls inside they can fall into, (shades of Chucky Cheese, which
shows they're still kids) so at least he's excited about that.

Maybe later in his 'career' at the yearly Marine Balls he'll have
someone special...:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I like the After Prom concept. My daughter's school did not do that and she ended up at a party in a corn field in which the kids had to give up their keys to the parents that chose to chaperone and they basically sat around a bonfire, got drunk, and passed out. My son's school did the After Prom and they had a Vegas theme. He had a blast and came home tired but sober.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Went to dinner at the Brown Derby (Akron Ohio). No longer exists, but was a great mid-price place to eat. Loved it !!

Then there was an all night swim at the local swim club....didn't go to that part.