30 days probation

I would like to know what i need to do to make the 30 days probation?. I drove with my supervisor the first three days, tomorrow i will be by myself. how many stops are they going to give me and how much are they going to give for this route?
thank you.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I would like to know what i need to do to make the 30 days probation?. I drove with my supervisor the first three days, tomorrow i will be by myself. how many stops are they going to give me and how much are they going to give for this route?
thank you.

You will get 147 stops @361 pieces along with 11 Air stops @ 23 pieces.

You wil also have 9 pickups @262 pieces total.

You will also have 2 on call pick ups 1 @ 12:15 (Air letter) & the other @ 15:29 (12 lb parcel).

No my choice for the day but you will have 3 return exchange stops; 1 @ 2 piece small parcel, 1 @ 1 piece parcel, 3rd one is a tread mill.

We'll have a manifest for you in the morning.

Anything else you want to know? :funny:

UPSGUY72

thank you.

You can't make seniority ( 30 days ) in Oct , Nov, or Dec. You need to read your local rider and see what it says about it. If most case if you drive again within the first 60 days of the never year you seniority date goes back to the first day you drove and you made your seniority.

With that being said if you call in they can start you 30 days over. If you can't meet the number then can start your 30 days over. If you don't drive in the first 60 days of the new years you have to still do your thirty days even if you drove more than 30 days in Oct - Dec.

Depending on where your located and your management team none of the above may apply.

Northshoredriver

You will get 147 stops @361 pieces along with 11 Air stops @ 23 pieces.

You wil also have 9 pickups @262 pieces total.

You will also have 2 on call pick ups 1 @ 12:15 (Air letter) & the other @ 15:29 (12 lb parcel).

No my choice for the day but you will have 3 return exchange stops; 1 @ 2 piece small parcel, 1 @ 1 piece parcel, 3rd one is a tread mill.

We'll have a manifest for you in the morning.

Anything else you want to know? :funny:

Sounds like a heavy day. Good Luck

johhnybee

I have been with Ups for 30 yrs. They will work you to death. They will give you more stops than you can do. If you are xmas help you stand no chance to get on full time at UPS. My advice leave now. They will lie and say if you do a good job we may keep you full time. This is total bull****. I have seen it many times. Leave NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have been with Ups for 30 yrs. They will work you to death. They will give you more stops than you can do. If you are xmas help you stand no chance to get on full time at UPS. My advice leave now. They will lie and say if you do a good job we may keep you full time. This is total bull****. I have seen it many times. Leave NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and go where? In case you haven't heard there is a recession.

Main thing is to not stress out to bad. Use your ten point comentary, stay safe and dont have an accident. Dont worry to much about being fast right now. Their standards mean nothing. The job is what you make of it, my first few years of driving I hated it but, it was because I let them stress me out. They will try to tell you that you need to speed up and will put more and more stops on you to see what they think your capable of. Just remember if you go out there and burn it up they will use it against you and hold you to that standard. Dont be skipping your lunch either because they will expect that out of you also. I enjoy my job alot more now that I work at my pace. I work steady and safe, I take my lunch and take care of my customers. If you take care of your customers they will take care of you and make your job alot easier. Most of my customers cant stand talking to our sales rep or anyone from our center, they says their drivers take care of them best and know what they want. Most of my pick ups have my cell if they need an early pu or later pu or even if they dont need picked up at all. I remember how overwhelming it seems when you begin driving but, it will all fall into place. You will start to remember peoples names, addresses, heck I even reconize their vehicle and pets name lol. especially they ones that get something everyday!

Indecisi0n

Main thing is to not stress out to bad. Use your ten point comentary, stay safe and dont have an accident. Dont worry to much about being fast right now. Their standards mean nothing. The job is what you make of it, my first few years of driving I hated it but, it was because I let them stress me out. They will try to tell you that you need to speed up and will put more and more stops on you to see what they think your capable of. Just remember if you go out there and burn it up they will use it against you and hold you to that standard. Dont be skipping your lunch either because they will expect that out of you also. I enjoy my job alot more now that I work at my pace. I work steady and safe, I take my lunch and take care of my customers. If you take care of your customers they will take care of you and make your job alot easier. Most of my customers cant stand talking to our sales rep or anyone from our center, they says their drivers take care of them best and know what they want. Most of my pick ups have my cell if they need an early pu or later pu or even if they dont need picked up at all. I remember how overwhelming it seems when you begin driving but, it will all fall into place. You will start to remember peoples names, addresses, heck I even reconize their vehicle and pets name lol. especially they ones that get something everyday!

The dog on 201 West street will bite you. I call him *****head. Leave their package by the mailbox in a DR bag. :happy-very: