44 y/o Female Going For Package Handler?

AndUPSER

I would say the preload in my building is made up of mostly people above the age of 30. All of the college kids tend to quit after a couple of weeks and 20 some year old kids not in college are unable to wake up at 3:00 AM. Most of the older people, 30 and above, that I work with have the best work ethic.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I would say the preload in my building is made up of mostly people above the age of 30. All of the college kids tend to quit after a couple of weeks and 20 some year old kids not in college are unable to wake up at 3:00 AM. Most of the older people, 30 and above, that I work with have the best work ethic.
Preload is pretty diverse age wise....especially in the unload and primary. But loaders? Out of 80 loaders in my building...2 guys in their 40's who've been here 20 yrs. 2 guys in their 30's besides me...all the rest are under 25. And I'm the only female...lol

AndUPSER

Preload is pretty diverse age wise....especially in the unload and primary. But loaders? Out of 80 loaders in my building...2 guys in their 40's who've been here 20 yrs. 2 guys in their 30's besides me...all the rest are under 25. And I'm the only female...lol

The only female? Geez. We have about an equal amount of females and males loading package cars on preload, probably a slight advantage to the males. All of the unloaders are males, with the sorters being mostly female.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The only female? Geez. We have about an equal amount of females and males loading package cars on preload, probably a slight advantage to the males. All of the unloaders are males, with the sorters being mostly female.
Yup..the only one. There were a few others..but they either quit or became PT sups.

AndUPSER

The day/twilight/night sorts at the hub is almost 100% male loading and 95% male unloading. All the females that load seem to become part time supervisors.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Seeing the amount of potential part time employees taking tours of the building I was in on every sort, it looks like it would be hard to *not* get hired lately. "You got a pulse? You start Monday!"

AndUPSER

Seeing the amount of potential part time employees taking tours of the building I was in on every sort, it looks like it would be hard to *not* get hired lately. "You got a pulse? You start Monday!"

Then a week later they ask, "You are the greatest ever. Want to be a part time supervisor? "