5hour part time rule

TheKingOfQueens

What is the rule in the new contract about being able to leave after hitting your 5 hours as a part time? Was told by a sup that you're able I leave after your 5 only if you're area is clean . Smells a bit fishy

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What is the rule in the new contract about being able to leave after hitting your 5 hours as a part time? Was told by a sup that you're able I leave after your 5 only if you're area is clean . Smells a bit fishy

Sent using BrownCafe App
i had never gone home (regardless of how many hours I've worked) without my sup's permission. You don't just get to decide to leave....you work as directed.

PT Car Washer

Sent using BrownCafe App
You are asking if a PTer can be forced to work OT. I have heard no but never tested this. What are other building rules on this.

TheKingOfQueens

You are asking if a PTer can be forced to work OT. I have heard no but never tested this. What are other building rules on this.

A couple sups had said that the rule is you can't leave after 5 unless your Pd is clean . Also another loader said he spoke to a steward and had told him the same thing . I've spoken to this steward and he doesn't seem to know much . Feel like he favors management too so I really would to go by what he says

Sent using BrownCafe App

A couple sups had said that the rule is you can't leave after 5 unless your Pd is clean . Also another loader said he spoke to a steward and had told him the same thing . I've spoken to this steward and he doesn't seem to know much . Feel like he favors management too so I really would to go by what he says

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's a load of bullcrap.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You have a guaranteed minimum of hours. I have never seen a contracted maximum. You're there to work. You get paid for work. If there is more work you get more pay.

PT Car Washer

They always kicked us out the door before we hit 5 hours no matter what, except during peak.
That is what UPS does in my building unless you are very high seniority and there is still more work to be done. And the PT sups do not want to stay. But can you be forced to stay after 5 hours?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ive been at UPS a little over one year and I just don't know where these pters get this crazy idea from. Even drivers who think that they own their parking spots and refuse to park their package cars anywhere else, and ignore management. Now I see why people are getting fired left and right in my local.

BrownChoice

As a part time employee, you work as directed. But if they ask you to double shift, you have the OPTION to accept it or decline. BUT, as a part timer you can not be forced to work more than 12 hours. This is how it is in my local. And probably many other locals as well.

TheKingOfQueens

FT can be forced OT. PT is part time. If they need people to work more hours then hire more FT people. And pay them FT wages and benefits.

I've even had other sups beg me to stay after 5 because their area was in shambles but after scanning 400-500 an hour it really takes a toll on the body . So what I don't get is why do some sups acknowledge there's a 5 hour rule and others say no no the new contract has eliminated that rule?? I've noticed these sups take advantage if you don't know your stuff. I always stay when asked but I'm sure there will be that one day that I'm just like " I would if I could " . By the way 9 months loading trailers for UPS June 9th. Hopefully my full time driving chance will come soon cuz loadings really kickin my ass!!!! Thx for the input my fellow UPS BROTHAS!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Sent using BrownCafe App

Most of the :censored2: PT supervisors say is wrong, but your supervisor is actually right in this instance. He's telling you that you can leave once you start making time and a half if your area is clean. That means you've finished your assigned tasks for that day and then extra work should go by seniority (ask from top, force from bottom).

There's no hard and fast 5 hour rule.

TheKingOfQueens

Since you've already got a thread started why not ask now if there's a 12 hour rule for drivers and get ahead of the game.

I wanna know it all Brotha!! When and if I become a full time driver I'll take all the ot I can get but for now getting ot at $10 an hour while dripping gallons of sweat while my body is shutting down from all the scanning /lifting I just wanna go home if I reach my 5 . Think about it . Let's say the average box weighs 20 pounds ( which it's usually not . Usually 20-69 and that's when they're not sending 120lb boxes down the belt! ) and I scan 1600 a day . That would be the equivalent of lifting 32,000 pounds a day every day for 5 days a week for 9 months. I started weighing 158lb and am down to 135lb. I drive on Saturdays and even though it's only 11-19 stops as of now and is nothing compared to 165-200 stops for full time driving I can't wait to make some real money and officially earn my full time browns!! Just need to survive !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the rant Brotha !

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I wanna know it all Brotha!! When and if I become a full time driver I'll take all the ot I can get but for now getting ot at $10 an hour while dripping gallons of sweat while my body is shutting down from all the scanning /lifting I just wanna go home if I reach my 5 . Think about it . Let's say the average box weighs 20 pounds ( which it's usually not . Usually 20-69 and that's when they're not sending 120lb boxes down the belt! ) and I scan 1600 a day . That would be the equivalent of lifting 32,000 pounds a day every day for 5 days a week for 9 months. I started weighing 158lb and am down to 135lb. I drive on Saturdays and even though it's only 11-19 stops as of now and is nothing compared to 165-200 stops for full time driving I can't wait to make some real money and officially earn my full time browns!! Just need to survive !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the rant Brotha !

Sent using BrownCafe App
Do you think you're the only PTer in existence?? lol I would love an easy 4 hour day sometimes....but it's not going to happen, so suck it up!