705 strike... whats it about?

tieguy

Banned
We dont want ptime package drivers thus we withdrew our sick day proposal.

But when people are working 8.5 hours on their 8 hour day we will be working 8 hours.

We also dont have to sign up for 9.5 we just grieve it and get triple time.

When a sup works they cant say it as an emergency or an act of god.

Nice try to spin things tie, you know i have lost some respect for you now.

I know you take it more than your share because you are outspoken and a sup on here, but usually you could argue and debate facts to prove your points. Not in these threads however.

Red,

I think you forgot to tell me how you raised the starting wage to 10:50. You remember that would have been a strike issue? You did raise the starting wage didn't you?

How bout that dollar an hour did you get that?

Did you get the 10 cents better then nma that 710 got? how could 710 get that without waving the gun around and peeing their pants?

keystone cops could have done better Red.

tieguy

Banned
We dont want ptime package drivers thus we withdrew our sick day proposal.
For all you atlantic supplement drivers that have 5 sick days, 5 personal holidays and 5 vaction days to take each year tough crap if you go to chicago. Apparently their hard core company busting union officials don't think you should be able to take days off to spend with your family.

But you can file a grievance on a supervisor working during a blizzard. Which I'm sure is all you really wanted.

Red your people wanted more sick days but alibi it anyway you want.

Where is this great contract that 705 got posted? I didn't see it on their website. They must have stopped informing the members. It doesn't sound like they have caught up with what other supplements have yet.

chopstic

So I'm confused, I thought we were all the same union??? The whole point of a union is to join together for the good of all workers not just a select few.

drewed

Shankman
When a sup works they cant say it as an emergency or an act of god.

I see service failures because of this, as you and cach mentioned before most people live 45 mins to 1.5 hrs away from Cach; if belts die, systems fail to make all the phone calls and get people in lets say it takes an hr, how many trailors is that? how many packages? how long can that throw off the rest of the country?

drewed

Shankman
So I'm confused, I thought we were all the same union??? The whole point of a union is to join together for the good of all workers not just a select few.

You are, just the 705, your union brothers and sisters, think theyre are special and need to be catered to.

chopstic

ok.. so lets put this all together.....

-they want a different contract
-they do their own negotiating
-They serve only their own needs, not that of teamsters as a whole
-They believe their entitled to MORE than the rest of us

are you sure they're even teamsters? Well, maybe if you take the "team" out of teamsters it would make sense.

drewed

Shankman
ok.. so lets put this all together.....

-they want a different contract
-they do their own negotiating
-They serve only their own needs, not that of teamsters as a whole
-They believe their entitled to MORE than the rest of us

are you sure they're even teamsters? Well, maybe if you take the "team" out of teamsters it would make sense.

sters? that doesnt make much sense at all

705 pisses champagne and :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:s caviar
no rhyme or reason
just they do
and if they get what they percieve they deserve they throw a temper tantrum like a 4 year old

chopstic

no rhyme or reason
just they do
and if they get what they percieve they deserve they throw a temper tantrum like a 4 year old

Well I meant take the "team" out of teamsters because they definitly do not act as part of a team, they look out for only themselves.

tyugar

We are entitled to protect our jobs. If your local or the national failed to do so, stop being jealous and vote for better leaders!

Aren`t you guys like three weeks late with that argument?
Oh,and I never said most people live around an hour away from the CACH. There`s the same mix of people who live around the corner and farther away.

Now keep it down your disturbing the polo match for us millionaires.
(The above comment is sarcasm for those who are slow to catch on)

no rhyme or reason
just they do

To you stupid comments are like free peanut butter,you just love to spread it around.

drewed

Shankman
To you stupid comments are like free peanut butter,you just love to spread it around.

Wow, i bet you spent all that time getting your weinies out thinking of quick comebacks.

I speak only the truth, you dont deny them and neither do your fellow 705ers.
If you dont think that, you wouldnt have the atittude about it, as one of your brothers said "im voting no on this, im worth more than 35 dollars" well who doesnt think theyre not paid enough? everyone wishes they could work a straight 40 hr week and make a million, you guys have the audacity to claim your brotherhood, to claim its for the good of the union; when its all said and done you have the attitude that im number 1 im gonna step on everyone else to get what i want.

Again thanks for playing, you been left wanting.
see you again next week kids, same bat time, same bat channel.

Wow, i bet you spent all that time getting your weinies out thinking of quick comebacks.

I speak only the truth, you dont deny them and neither do your fellow 705ers.
If you dont think that, you wouldnt have the atittude about it, as one of your brothers said "im voting no on this, im worth more than 35 dollars" well who doesnt think theyre not paid enough? everyone wishes they could work a straight 40 hr week and make a million, you guys have the audacity to claim your brotherhood, to claim its for the good of the union; when its all said and done you have the attitude that im number 1 im gonna step on everyone else to get what i want.

Again thanks for playing, you been left wanting.
see you again next week kids, same bat time, same bat channel.

You speak the truth?:happy2: You`re a little wanna-be lemming following along picking at the scraps that Tie and Bloody drop. When you can`t come up with anything original you stir up weeks old comments and drag people late to the discussion into another mini lynch mob.
Keep trying,you might come up with an original idea before you retire.

drewed

Shankman
You speak the truth?:happy2: You`re a little wanna-be lemming following along picking at the scraps that Tie and Bloody drop. When you can`t come up with anything original you stir up weeks old comments and drag people late to the discussion into another mini lynch mob.

Dont get butt hurt that Red wont share the shovels with you, the 705 needs to learn to place nice with eachother, the rest of the IBT and UPS and maybe you'll make something of yourselves.

chopstic

We are entitled to protect our jobs. If your local or the national failed to do so, stop being jealous and vote for better leaders!

If thats the case then you really dont even need to be a part of a Union. That "every man for himself", or in your case "every local for themselves", attitude is contradictory to the whole definition of a union. All you 705 strikers might as well opt out of the teamsters, cuz you dont have anything valuable to contribute to it.

tieguy

Banned

you guys think nothing of ganging up on me but get so jealous when I have a couple of posters helping me. This is so cute. Whine a little more Cach I'm enjoying it.