8 hour request approved

oldngray

nowhere special
At the local stage. By a BA who had just verified the language at another center just a few months before. Basically my center manager said he didn’t think that’s how it was and it was tabled. Never to be heard about again.

I’ll revisit the issue at some point when I have the energy to argue with my BA
If your BA cuts a deal you are usually stuck with it. You can try to go over his head but that seldom does any good.

A

Article 3

If your BA cuts a deal you are usually stuck with it. You can try to go over his head but that seldom does any good.
NLRB far enough over the BA's head?
At the local stage. By a BA who had just verified the language at another center just a few months before. Basically my center manager said he didn’t think that’s how it was and it was tabled. Never to be heard about again.

I’ll revisit the issue at some point when I have the energy to argue with my BA
That's great representation right there. We will fight it to any level. There's repercussions for getting lied to and pushed aside.

I'm not going to speak for him but... I believe BUG's response was on the premise that you had a ba that made time to make sure that you could attend your own grievance hearing. Ive seen good and bad representation. Having a weak ba is truly garbage for members.
Garbage.

A

Article 3

Yep.

And if no one is requesting them, theoretically.... you could have one everyday.

I had a new Labor guy scoff at that.

He said.... "I wouldn't base that on some panel decision".

Uh, it was a Central Region contract interpretation.... that the company agreed with.

:biggrin:

-Bug-
What year was that? Interp out of L89?

IAmADumbDriver

Sometimes I will put up 5 8hr requests in a week. If they all get approved I then pick and choose which day I want. if I dont get dispatched correctly i file and put more up for the following week and so on

rod

Retired 22 years
Damn you guys have it easy now. Why so much complaining when you have so much control over your hours per day?