804 election

Cezanne

Will Row B stand up to the bogus decisions of joint councils or rubberstamp any contracts with the international to stay in their good graces. Will Row B candidates work for the members who pay their salaries and not play politics to preserve their positions. Yeah, sure thing I will consider voting for them.

cino321

I'll be the first one to admit that the current slate needs to go. It is definitely time for change.

However, I personally don't believe that Row B will do any better. Just my opinion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Row B?

three_blind_mice_lg_nwm.gif

cino321

Now is the best part of the election anyway, when the ballots get sent out. Let the slander begin! Propaganda on both ends and rumor spreading!

705red

Browncafe Steward
804 is the local in New York that Ron Carey ran for years. Howie * has run the local for a while now and from what I have heard from friends of mine that I meet on this site, he has lost touch with the members.

Members united slate consists of some of Carey's strongest supporters and some new blood. Remember this is the same local that lost the production arbitration. I have donated some cash and even bought some of their raffles tickets. I wish Members United all the best, and now lets let the members decide. I really hope that all the members take the 2 minutes it takes to vote and vote!

local804

I don't want to check a website. You posted it, I want to know why YOU think Row B is the best choice!

Two of the members on row B(Members United Slate) worked for Ron Carey on the international level. They have posted 10 things they would like to change and they all sound good. Few quick ones are $35,000 cut salary per board member with union due savings going back to the members with workshops ect. They plan on a 24 hour operation union hall which is huge for the night workers, porters,clerks, feeder department and all local sorts. Our hall hours are 9-5 and 4 on Fridays where business agents are never there till about 1pm which leaves a small window to contact someone when you need to talk. Round the clock representation would be huge for a majority of the workforce here in the 804 hubs. Members United held a few meetings during the summer when 804 cancelled the general membership meeting and I think they did a great job and had alot of good ideas. Two of the candidates are stewards for the p/t ers and I think they are a little more in touch in what is needed.
There are plenty of other reasons why I support 804 row B and why I think there is a major need for change and these are all my own opinions. As long as the members get up and vote, I will be very happy.

If Row B gets in, The Ron Carey photo from the wall of presidents that was removed will be replaced.

Get out and vote people.

local804

804 is the local in New York that Ron Carey ran for years. Howie* has run the local for a while now and from what I have heard from friends of mine that I meet on this site, he has lost touch with the members.

Two quick things about Howie that piss me off....

1. Other day an ex 804 steward puts his hand out to shake Howies hand while he is at the Nassau Facility. Howie points his finger at him and asks him "Row B?" The ex steward replies," as a matter of fact, Yes". Howie turned his back on the active 804 dues paying member and said I am not shaking that hand.(childish act at best)

2. At a general election meeting Howie getting bombarded with questions told all in attendance, If you dont like it, fn vote me out.

local804

The election is now official with Row B winning by a 2-1 vote count.
Howie, you have you have 28 days to get your stuff and get the hell OUT!

local804

In record turnout, Local 804 members have elected the 804 Members United Slate with 68 percent of the vote.
The entire slate was swept into office, with Tim S topping Howie Redmond 2,348 to 1,091.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Congrats to Brother Tim and A good Friend of mine Ken! Its very hard to unseat and incumbent but its obvious the membership had enough.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Two of the members on row B(Members United Slate) worked for Ron Carey on the international level. They have posted 10 things they would like to change and they all sound good. Few quick ones are $35,000 cut salary per board member with union due savings going back to the members with workshops ect. They plan on a 24 hour operation union hall which is huge for the night workers, porters,clerks, feeder department and all local sorts. Our hall hours are 9-5 and 4 on Fridays where business agents are never there till about 1pm which leaves a small window to contact someone when you need to talk. Round the clock representation would be huge for a majority of the workforce here in the 804 hubs. Members United held a few meetings during the summer when 804 cancelled the general membership meeting and I think they did a great job and had alot of good ideas. Two of the candidates are stewards for the p/t ers and I think they are a little more in touch in what is needed.
There are plenty of other reasons why I support 804 row B and why I think there is a major need for change and these are all my own opinions. As long as the members get up and vote, I will be very happy.

If Row B gets in, The Ron Carey photo from the wall of presidents that was removed will be replaced.

Get out and vote people.

All that sounds great, and I hope it happens for you all. One queastion though, I understand the pay cuts will save money, but if your going to have a 24hr hall I would guess there will be some new employees. Will there actually be a savings once you figure in wages and benefits for the round the clock operation. Not to mention the increased overhead costs for having a building in use 24hrs a day(Gas, Electric,Water, Etc...)??

Not to mention that the amount of dues paid is regulated by the Union bylaws and constitution, which in order to be changed must be voted by the general membership.

705red

Browncafe Steward
All that sounds great, and I hope it happens for you all. One queastion though, I understand the pay cuts will save money, but if your going to have a 24hr hall I would guess there will be some new employees. Will there actually be a savings once you figure in wages and benefits for the round the clock operation. Not to mention the increased overhead costs for having a building in use 24hrs a day(Gas, Electric,Water, Etc...)??
I believe its 11 elected officials at $35,000 a year savings per rep, that should maintain one extra night salary and a desk light even in new York.