8pm curfew

Is this happening anywhere else?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 491

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
This happened in my center years ago, everyone had to be off the clock by 8PM. Sounded great until you got your 11 hour day. When you would tell them you would not be done until close to 9 they would freak.
But the best was a couple of drivers thought we had to be off the clock by 8 no matter what, so they drive back sheet up dozens as missed and go home. UPS and the flavor of month.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Yeah we worry about working the $10 an hour employees over 4 hours but keep the $34 an hour ones out all night.

Makes perfect sense.
I lost it once a couple months ago I get back to building at like 830 pm and have a truck full of hazards and air ,etc that needed to be unloaded to certain areas, busted my ass all day told the pt sup to send over one of the unloaders, was told he couldn't , lmfao went off. Guy making $10 per hour can't work longer but pay me like $50 ot rate to unload all the crap Unreal.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah we worry about working the $10 an hour employees over 4 hours but keep the $34 an hour ones out all night.

Makes perfect sense.
I'm not allowed to send anybody home if there are trucks still out with unprocessed outgoing volume. So with my sort thats 9 guys x 10 bucks an hour. Adds up quick.

JL 0513

This "curfew" comes and goes. Not sure where it starts from as far as chain of command. It's not corporate, yet it pops up around the country at separate times.

Right now, my center makes us text in if we are going to be over 10 (past 7:45 for us).
At least there is an actual reasoning for avoiding over 10 for the company as they must pay out a 20 minute time bonus at OT rate. Of course, the dispatch screen in the morning shows many over 10 planned days.

Clearly, the company hopes you will be pressured into working faster or even working through some break to finish under 10. They know they won't convince everyone, but if they convince some...$$$

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I lost it once a couple months ago I get back to building at like 830 pm and have a truck full of hazards and air ,etc that needed to be unloaded to certain areas, busted my ass all day told the pt sup to send over one of the unloaders, was told he couldn't , lmfao went off. Guy making $10 per hour can't work longer but pay me like $50 ot rate to unload all the crap Unreal.
They paid me $51 an hour to park my truck and unload it today.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I'm not allowed to send anybody home if there are trucks still out with unprocessed outgoing volume. So with my sort thats 9 guys x 10 bucks an hour. Adds up quick.

Just last week, unload went down at 08:15.
Unloaders and primary sorters get sent home.

Drivers help wrap the belts and leave the building at 09:30. 180 drivers making $34 vs 30 preloaders making $10.

It does add up quick.

Brownslave688

Which makes no sense why they let just a few guys rot out there every night. Give them some help.

Brownslave688

Just last week, unload went down at 08:15.
Unloaders and primary sorters get sent home.

Drivers help wrap the belts and leave the building at 09:30. 180 drivers making $51 vs 30 preloaders making $10.

It does add up quick.
fixed it for you

almost none of us work just 8 hours or less so that added time in the morning ends up being OT on the back end.